TTC natural aids

Jo2600

Reaction score
Hi guys :)

I joined this forum when I was trying to get pregnant with my first little boy and we are now trying for the next little one.

We have only been trying for the last couple of months so not long at all but as it hasn't happened just yet I want to give things a bit of a boost. I wondered if anybody is trying any natural fertility boosting aids for ladies or gents?

I am going to give grapefruit juice a go because that what I tried last time.

Thanks

Jo

My husband is taking folate and zinc and im taking maca root along with my prenatal vitamins . :)

Thanks for responding :)
I haven't heard of macs root before? What does it do?

I'm going to stalk this thread ;) ! Love to hear more ideas. I'm just taking multivitamins (plus extra vit D because I live in oh-so-sunny Cleveland *sarcasm* and calcium-potassium-magnesium due to pretty bad foot cramps) but I haven't really done much research on what's good to take when TTC. I know to AVOID cinnamon :O !

Didn't know about cinnamon so thanks for that 👍🏻
Good to know especially because of the time of year it's in a lot of things!

I didn't use anything first time around with my son but after having 2 chemical pregnancies this year trying for #2 I decided to give Vitex (herbal supplement) a go. It doesn't contain hormones however it works on your pituitary gland which controls your own hormones and gets them in balance. I had regular cycles but figured maybe I had a progesterone issue because the babies weren't sticking. I conceived 2 weeks after starting the tablets and so far so good, nearly 9 weeks along.

I am taking a prenatal (Vitafol ultra), Vitamin E, Vitamin C, trying to bump up my green leafy vegetables. I also drank raspberry leaf tea during the first 10 days of my cycle. I take calcium/magnesium as well, but at night. I try to space out my supplements so I get better absorption.

Good luck! Curious what other people are taking/trying as well.

I didn't use anything first time around with my son but after having 2 chemical pregnancies this year trying for #2 I decided to give Vitex (herbal supplement) a go. It doesn't contain hormones however it works on your pituitary gland which controls your own hormones and gets them in balance. I had regular cycles but figured maybe I had a progesterone issue because the babies weren't sticking. I conceived 2 weeks after starting the tablets and so far so good, nearly 9 weeks along.

Wish85 how long had you been trying for your second? i need to look into progesterone and see whether vitex could be something I could try.
We are only on our second month but if it hasn't happened straight away and it did last time I feel maybe my body needs some help.

I am taking a prenatal (Vitafol ultra), Vitamin E, Vitamin C, trying to bump up my green leafy vegetables. I also drank raspberry leaf tea during the first 10 days of my cycle. I take calcium/magnesium as well, but at night. I try to space out my supplements so I get better absorption.

Thanks 2much for the ideas, raspberry leaf tea sounds like an easy one to try 👍🏻

Thanks 2much for the ideas, raspberry leaf tea sounds like an easy one to try 👍🏻

You're welcome! Look into it...you will not want to drink it after O. :)

You're welcome! Look into it...you will not want to drink it after O. :)

I have just had a quick look and some ladies have said it delayed their ovulation the first time they tried it, did you find that?

I have just had a quick look and some ladies have said it delayed their ovulation the first time they tried it, did you find that?

I didn't experience that...but I am doing medicated/monitored cycles so I am probably not the "norm" since we have been long term TTC.

Wish85 how long had you been trying for your second? i need to look into progesterone and see whether vitex could be something I could try.
We are only on our second month but if it hasn't happened straight away and it did last time I feel maybe my body needs some help.

We started trying the month I had the first chemical, so May this year. Then it took another 4 months to conceive in September but it was another chemical, started the tablets CD1 and then conceived 2 weeks later :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->