TTC No 2 - 11 months in any suggestions?

Per16

Reaction score
Hiya mommas

my name is Karla and I am momma to a gorgeous 2 year old who is still BF (on demand until last month) she now only feeds in the am, at nap and at bedtime and unfortunately all night too:baby: I have just put restrictions on day feeding and this brought my period back last month:happydance: after nearly 3 years of it MIA!!! We have however been trying since Jan just incase I was fertile but alas no chance - I am currently awaiting Cycle 2 period and hoping I come on soon which will make my cycle a 30 day if I come on tomorrow. I am currently overweight and do not do much exserise do you think this makes a difference? When we concieved our DD I was a very good weight and ate very healthy, do you think this is causing us problems? Could anyone suggest anything to boost my fertility? Is it worth purchasing vitex? Oh I feel so sad at the thought that I may not be able to have another baby:cry: all we want is another baby and I am so grateful for our darling daughter who we adore but I feel our family is not complete until we have no 2, sorry for the ramblings I am just confused!

No real advice, but as you just got your period back, hopefully your fertility is returning and you'll be lucky and conveive soon. I've heard good things about vitex (agnus castus) in helping breastfeeding ladies get their period back. I tried it for one cycle in hope that it would help me ovulate sooner with no luck. Personally I've become a bit wary of trying pills and potions as sometimes they can do more harm than good.
Well done for breastfeeding for so long. Breastfeeding seems to affect different ladies' fertility in different ways. I got my period back when my daughter was 8 months (was still bfing on demand including several times at night), but after TTC for 8 months with no luck I weaned her - still haven't conceived 4 months after weaning completely. Other ladies fall pregnant soon after getting their period back, or even before AF returns.

I wouldn't worry too much yet about having trouble conceiving. Breastfeeding has been supressing your fertility so it's not really surprising you haven't conceived yet. Hopefully your cycles with normalise soon.
I can understand the feeling of worrying about not being able to have another, I want a sibling for my duaghter more than almost anything.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response summerfugl, well done you on feeding your daughter for that time too, I really dont want to wean her fully but am desperate to fall pregnant, it sux that BF also puts a holt on fertility, I am going to keep trying for a few more months and then maybe see if I should take something I know there is no point in going to the doc as they will just say wean fully and maybe that is the answer, for now I will try cutting down on feeds gradually, I send you so much baby dust, keep trying it will happen!

Honestly, I wouldn't really change your life at all.

Even though you've wanted to conceive since January, your body wasn't able to until this past month. It's really only cycle #2 for you. I wouldn't be concerned at all just yet.

You probably just need more time.
:hugs:

Thanks Per16.
It's hard. I know what you mean about not wanting to wean fully, I never thought I'd breastfeed for as long as I did, but as she was approaching two and I wasn't having any luck, I felt a horrible inner battle of whether to wean or not, but then I thought, if I forced her to wean and then still didn't get my BFP I would feel so awful. I'm glad that I waited a few extra months until we were both ready.

Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones that falls pregnant soon after AF returns!

I would say the breastfeeding on demand was complicating things. You should be good to go now! Good luck!

aw cheers girls! I really am hoping and was so excited that I got my 2nd af yesterday!!! so I am now on a 31 day cycle, does that mean aything at all? Does it matter how long your cycle is? I have told my DH that we will be at it with force once af is over! hehee!!!

Yay for AF! (not used to saying that!) When my cycles returned they were a bit whacky, but regulated soon after. (Then went funky again when we stated TTC, grr!)
I think 31 days is a pretty average cycle length. So long as you're ovulating and your luteal phase is long enough that sounds pretty good. I've read that you can have a couple of anovulatory cycles shortly after AF returns, which is normal.
I wouldn't necessarily suggest that you start OPKs or tempting yet, but then that's just cos they made/make me a bit more obsessive than I am already! But they're a good way to check that you're ovulating and stuff if you want to make sure.

Good luck!

Your story sounds like I could have written it myself when I was TTC. I too was trying for 11 months, and feeding my daughter, but was only feeding 1-2 times per day (and still am). My cycles were screwed i would go months without a period. I did however purchase vitex, and at the last resort I started taking licorice root capsules once my period finally arrived. that cycle I actually managed to ovulate on CD 11 and got pregnant that cycle! I think licorice root is a natural form of clomid type thing it can help you to ovulate. I also took epo casules from CD1 up until CD10 to help produce enough ewcm, These things must have worked for me. i know i shouldnt be posting in the TTC section anymore but i couldnt help respond to your story as possibly what i went through and how i succeeded may be some help to you. i wish you all the best and i hope you get your bfp soon :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->