TTC & not sure what this is....advice please :)

Pizzalover12

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am trying to conceive and have only just realised I may have been a bit cocky and foolish......I have waited until "the time was right" and (naively) assumed it would happen straight away......now I'm starting to realise it may not be as easy as that.

So, I don't have particularly good records of my periods/ovulation etc (as I didn't realise how useful they would be). I came off the pill sometime last Spring or summer (can't really remember when, have been using condoms since then) and my cycle has been mainly 30 or 31 days expect for last month which was 35.

I noted down when I thought I ovulated in Feb and March, based just on "the slime" (which I now know is EWCM!) and it was at day 16 in Feb and 17 in March (although i use "period tracker app" and the March date was a week earlier than the anticipated app date for some reason.

Anyway, this month (first month trying) we BD'd (new to this but I see ppl using this anbrviation?!) mostly ever day from CD 11-18.

If I O'd 15-16, this was hopefully the right time, I think. My period tracker app says expected O on day 20, however I hadn't noticed and EWCM so I was worried I hadn't O'd so I bought O tests, started using them form about 18 and got no result. So I kind of thought what's the point but also I was busy at work etc so couldn't really fit in BD'ing (although I would have if had any signs of O!)

Anyway, I guess my worry is that I didn't ovulate. Can you guys always tell when you O? Could it have happened and I didn't notice? I was just waiting for slime when I wiped, I wasn't doing finger tests or anything. Sorry if tmi but I would have wet patches in my underwear, wet feeling, but defo no EWCM.

Which is my second question - I have started doing a finger test: about 4 days ago or so it went from wet and clear to wet with some tiny white flecks, then a tiny bit which was kind of lotiony, yesterday it was white and clumpy (kind of looks like clumps of wet toilet paper) and today more of the same. As avg cycle is now 31/32 days AF not due for another 12 days.

Anybody have any ideas what's going on? Obviously I'd love to be p right now but I guess my main worry is that I didn't ovulate.

Thanks girls 😊😊 xx

I find the only real way to know if you ovulate is to use ovulation sticks. I've literally just started trying for number 3 after having my implant out. But when trying for my little girl, I used the sticks and noticed when I ovulate I get mild cramping like period pains. My advice to you is use your ovulation sticks next month and see how you go. I'm sure you probably did ovulate but it's hard to tell in the beginning if you don't have many symptoms. Good luck Hun x

The only way to confirm ovulation is by tracking your basal body temperature, OPKs tell you when your body is gearing up for ovulation but without tracking your temperature as well you wont know if it actually happened. I would suggest you start charting your bbt, as well as using OPKs around the time you think you are ovulating, that way the OPKs will let you know to bd, and your temps will confirm ovulation afterwards. Nothing worse than thinking your period is late, getting negative hpts, and then finding out you didn't ovulate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->