Ttc & ntnp

dachsundmom

Mommy To A Needy Husband
Reaction score
Good morning ladies ( or afternoon depending on where you are)-

Do you guys thing you could help me with something that has been on my mind? What really is the difference between TTC & NTNP? I guess I keep hearing my high school health teacher in the back of my mind who used to tell us, "if your having unprotected sex, you're asking to get pregnant..." if only it were that easy.

I use OPKs, I've been on Clomid, I have had the tests, and I have timed sex to the point where the fun is gone. Is there a happy medium? Does a girl go from NTNP to TTC the minute she pees on an OPK or loads data onto a chart?

I love these forums and find them to be a great source of comfort, but I also find them to be a little stressful (not so much this board); everyday it seems there is a new thing to try or a new symptom and I wonder"'well, maybe I should do that or why haven't I felt that way?)

I think I am getting ready for CD1, again, and I keep asking myself what makes the next one any different and where is the fun concerning sex? I know I am just ranting. :hugs:

When I came off BC, DH & I said it would be NTNP just take supplements and :sex: when the mood took us whilst not monitoring anything - that lasted once cycle and I hated not knowing where I was in my cycle or what my body was doing and then when I had a 47 day cycle it made my stress worse.

So this cycle, I say we're TTC as I take temps and use a CBFM and whilst we still :sex: when we want I ensure we don't miss the fertile period.

I think it varies from person to person as to what they consider NTNP or TTC

I do find the wealth of information on this site somewhat confusing and/or overwhelming at times but thanks to a huge booboo last cycle I have learnt to be a little picky over what I decided to do or not do.

It so hard to relax and trust that your BFP will come along when you desire something so much and every where you turn the media is ramming it down our throats that we're past it because of our ages and you hear your biological clock a little louder with each passing month :hugs:

I do hope you find a way of getting the fun back into :sex: and that your BFP is with you soon :hugs:

I guess a lot of what I struggle with is that I am to the point where I would try almost anything and I might end up trying almost anything, lol! Some of the info I read here regarding supplements completely contradicts everything my doc has told me; I am not saying he knows everything, because he doesn't- but I am curious now. What really scares me, is will I know when it's time to stop? Sometimes I feel like I am just trying to prove everyone else wrong and I forget why I am doing this in the first place.

For me ntnp means you bd when you want to and never because you should. Well long gone are those days! I thikn ntnp is a mcu nicer place to be, but sadly it aso infers that you have the time to let anture take its course and at 38 I don´t think I do now. But who knows maybe we would get our bfps faster that way.

For me ntnp means you bd when you want to and never because you should. Well long gone are those days! I thikn ntnp is a mcu nicer place to be, but sadly it aso infers that you have the time to let anture take its course and at 38 I don´t think I do now. But who knows maybe we would get our bfps faster that way.

38 here too, 39 in February. I hear the clock ticking and I panic and I hate feeling like that. I often feel that if I am not actively TTC, then I am not doing enough- then I wonder if the stress of TTC is the problem, lol.

Me too, we said we were NTNP at first ie if it happens great, if not it's also ok, and I came off the BCP a few months ago, and zip, nada, nothing.

So I started to do a bit of research (found this forum), into the whole fertility thing and this last cycle charted for the first time, and realised that every month preceeding it we had missed my ov (my partner works offshore half the time)!

Now in my uneducated state I had honestly thought that there was about a week every month I could get preg, now I know otherwise and with my partner working away 2 weeks out of 4, we're both 38 I doubt think we have time to arse around waiting on nature to take it's course.

However, I think I went a bit overboard with it last month, this month I'm going to eat normally (seafood) have a few glasses of wine with girlfriends and not make such a BIG THING (ooh er missus) of timing the BD.

But luckily I can bang on about this stuff to you ladies and spare my OH the worst of my obsessing!

I must admit I am grateful I moved from doing nothing to using CBFM and temping because if not I would have totally missed ovulation this cycle (as tomorrow CD12 is my big O day) and I'm 41 this year so really feel the time running away on me :nope:

Good luck to all for their BFPs and loads of :dust:

for me ntnp is just BDing when you want to, and not tracking anything. Ive wanted to track things so I have some data for my FS if I need it (incase my chart shows something is amiss) and I like to pinpoint my ovulation. But once I have a couple of months data I am going to try NTNP in July/August...going to try and BD every other day roughly but other than that not track a thing and just enjoy my summer. Ive read sooo many people who get their BFPs when they relax so its worth a try :thumbup: even though I feel the clock ticking I also feel a couple of months wont make that much difference and who knows it might be the time I get a bfp.

Well, that's hard to say.

For me, ttc is having unprotected sex during your fertile phase. I don't temp (well, just started to do it again, even though I loathe it). I don't do opks or cbfm or check my cervix. I don't do preseed or softcups. I only take a generic women's multivitamin and vitamin D-because my level was low, not related to ttc. Honestly, I don't go to any extra lengths, but I am very much ttc. I bd with ovulatory pain and ewcm-that's it. And I bd whenever I want, until it's my fertile time. That helps with the stress of having ttc interfere with your sex life. It doesn't really matter when you bd, except for about 5 days a month. Do whatever you want the other 25!

I can say that my second child was ntnp. After 19 months and 4 IUIs with my first, I honestly NEVER thought that one single event of unprotected sex during my fertile phase (while on the computer chair, lol!) would result in a baby. We always used some form of birth control, but that night, we just never got around to it. . . now he's 6!

Ive read sooo many people who get their BFPs when they relax so its worth a try.

Here's the thing I always wonder when it seems like everyone says that.

Don't we all start off ttc relaxed, thinking it will happen immediately and we'll have zero problems?
I know I did.

If that were actually true, everyone would get pregnant in the first 4 months of ttc.
Sometimes, we just have to try harder. You CAN get pregnant when you're stressed about ttc and obsessed too! It's all about the timing and luck. Maybe those people that were relaxed, just had really good timing that month.

Well, that's hard to say.

For me, ttc is having unprotected sex during your fertile phase. I don't temp (well, just started to do it again, even though I loathe it). I don't do opks or cbfm or check my cervix. I don't do preseed or softcups. I only take a generic women's multivitamin and vitamin D-because my level was low, not related to ttc. Honestly, I don't go to any extra lengths, but I am very much ttc. I bd with ovulatory pain and ewcm-that's it. And I bd whenever I want, until it's my fertile time. That helps with the stress of having ttc interfere with your sex life. It doesn't really matter when you bd, except for about 5 days a month. Do whatever you want the other 25!

I can say that my second child was ntnp. After 19 months and 4 IUIs with my first, I honestly NEVER thought that one single event of unprotected sex during my fertile phase (while on the computer chair, lol!) would result in a baby. We always used some form of birth control, but that night, we just never got around to it. . . now he's 6!

Love it! I got my DD on the pill and my chemical when I was switching pills. Since I've stopped using birth control, nothing...and ended up on the Clomid route! Maybe I just need to chug a bottle of cheap wine and a pack of BCPs, lol.:wacko:

Ive read sooo many people who get their BFPs when they relax so its worth a try.

Don't we all start off ttc relaxed, thinking it will happen immediately and we'll have zero problems?
I know I did.

If that were actually true, everyone would get pregnant in the first 4 months of ttc.
Sometimes, we just have to try harder. You CAN get pregnant when you're stressed about ttc and obsessed too! It's all about the timing and luck. Maybe those people that were relaxed, just had really good timing that month.

personally I was not relaxed the first months of TTCing, as I really expected it to happen (after all these years of being careful I thought having sex when I was ovulating would make me pregnant!!) and I was having all these symptoms I thought Id never had before and was crushed when my period came. As time goes on Im so used to getting my period I dont feel as stressed.

my best friend had been trying for one whole year after a MC and was worn out and wanted a break, she got pregnant the month she had a break. So I believe there could be something to it. of course it could be luck, but its something that I keep hearing about.

NTNP = taking your folic acid and having sex whenever u want

TTC = taking your folic acid, a prenatal, B complex, COQ10, AND....

avoiding soy products, artificial sweeteners, raw or undercooked eggs and seafood, caffeine, soft cheeses, alcohol,

eating fruits, veggies, whole grains

testing w/ OPKs, BDing during fertile time, using soft cups after each BD session, confirming O by temping, and enduring both TWWs with the BnB 35+ lovelies....

I prefer the former...but that's just me...

I know I did.

i also wondered about this, (I even think my first thread in this forum was about it!) and I now think it is just pure luck and timing.
i am living proof that you can get pregnant when you are stressed and obsessed about TTC! :winkwink: as some of you may know, i am a total worrier, and after my MMC I was convinced I was not going to get pregnant again, and the age thing (I'm 40) was really stressing me out. but despite all this, I did get pregnant!

Of course we hear lots of stories about people who got pregnant the month that they were more relaxed or did not think about it, or even better, the month they decided to start adoption plans - but, it makes sense because those stories are worth telling! we just don't hear the 'my-friend-got-pregnant-the-month-she-was-obsessing-about-TTC' stories!

i think that the 'relax and will happen' theory is actually counterproductive, because if you cannot relax then you get more stressed! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->