TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

i keep hearing how the first af is supposed to be horrible. i have spotted extremely light for 2 days and still nothing. no cramps even. whats going on??? i would take a pregnancy test, but i feel like it would be a waste. i took my temp this morning and it was low, not anywhere near what it is after ov or when im pregnant. anyone have this experience with af returning? LO is 7 1/2 mos old

i keep hearing how the first af is supposed to be horrible. i have spotted extremely light for 2 days and still nothing. no cramps even. whats going on??? i would take a pregnancy test, but i feel like it would be a waste. i took my temp this morning and it was low, not anywhere near what it is after ov or when im pregnant. anyone have this experience with af returning? LO is 7 1/2 mos old

Probably just an anovulatory cycle, especially if your temps are still very low and the way you describe the bleeding. Anov. periods before you start truly cycling are really common.

Hi ladies just after a bit of advice my oh and I are ntnp and Wendy's around ovulation time (well what should of been but not always correct with me) and I am now 2 days late my period but have had 2 negative tests yet my temp is at 37.8c and that is very very high for me. Just wondering if breastfeeding can do that to you or are my chances of being pregnant possible?

Hi ladies just after a bit of advice my oh and I are ntnp and Wendy's around ovulation time (well what should of been but not always correct with me) and I am now 2 days late my period but have had 2 negative tests yet my temp is at 37.8c and that is very very high for me. Just wondering if breastfeeding can do that to you or are my chances of being pregnant possible?

My periods were very light when they returned. I got them back at 17 months and they remained light for a year. They are still quite short, painless and not very heavy at 31 months. My DS doesn't sleep through yet but I usually get a good 3 hours before he wakes for the day and you just need 3 hours and to temp around the same time every day. His always up between 6:30 and 7. Temping has been quite accurate for me so far. Though it revealed the fact I was only having a 6 day LP.

Breastfeeding has not effected my temps, still being high sounds promising.

My AF returned early - when LO was just 4 1/2 months and it was regular after that but it was pretty light to start with, then barely crampy at all. It didn't get more "normal" until a couple of months ago when I day weaned and had major changes to my BFing schedule.

thanks ladies! i guess i was expecting first af to be horrendous from everything i have heard. so far no spotting today. dont know if that was it or if my body is just still trying to cycle and not able to yet. i guess all i can do is wait

Mine changed at 12 weeks :( DS stopped nursing then, but I knew that my supply had been going down in the weeks leading up to it anyway. He is now on 4 bottles a day and happy and content. He had been a bit of a grump and I think he was just hungry :( I was starving the poor little guy! I am happy to have breastfed him for nearly 10 months and although I wasn't really ready for his to stop I am now looking forward to having a little bit more freedom to have some me time and leave him with dh before this next baby arrives, knowing that he can give a bottle if I am not home!

I am officially Tandem Nursing! I fed my baba's the other day together and dd looks so big next to ds! She kept patting his head and holding his foot and LOVES having her num-nums back! LOL!

Well, I had my LO 3 days ago and we are currently triandem nursing. My little girl is a champion nurser :happydance:

I think we're very cautiously pregnant! Got a positive test, but still pretty faint. So will test again probably Monday morning!

Thanks girls! Did a Digital test and I'm anywhere between 3-4 weeks pregnant (no idea as I've still not had my period!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->