TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Only thing that'll tell is a test after period is due. No one here can te you either way Hun. Good luck

Does anyone know about breastfeeding and TTC when you're not ovulating? I don't know whether I am ovulating or not. I am currently CD23, and I have been doing OPKs since CD8. I usually have up to 34 day cycles, so I should have ovulated already. I had three seemingly positive OPKs at CD10, CD18 and CD22. We DTD on each of those days. I am also temping and I've seen no significant temp rises, so it doesn't look like ovulation has happened, and assuming I have a normal cycle, I don't think there's enough time now to ovulate and have a normal LP.

For those with experience of this, do you know whether you can get strong lines on OPKs even when your body doesn't ovulate? I've had really strong lines every day I've tested

I'd be crushed if I wasn't ovulating :( I could kind of put up with it if BF was a choice for me, but unfortunately it's not; I've been wanting to quit BF for the past 9 months but I'm unable to as my LO won't take any other milk, nor will she eat solids to replace the milk feeds. Just feeling a bit crappy and resentful about it. Woe is me :rolleyes:

but i only had one period months ago, and i am looking for ways other women have been able to tell

Lara, how long has your cycle been back? While breast feeding it is normal to have annovulatory cycles as well as late ovulation. Also sometimes your period comes back but you don't start ovulating for a few cycles.
I didn't track if I was ovulating when my cycles returned, but I had 5 cycles between 27 and 30 days long and then got a bfp on CD 60 of cycle 6 and was only 5 weeks pregnant so I ovulated 3 weeks later than I would have expected to.

JustMe, just like while not breast feeding pregnancy symptoms vary so much from person to person so there's no real way to know for sure besides a hpt or blood test. I will say though that I felt pregnant for two weeks before I gave up testing. I had a smell in my nose that I got the first time around too, and only experienced those two times ever, my milk supply increased and I was leaking like crazy after not having leaked in 4 or 5 months (totally opposite of what most people report), my period was late, and I just felt pregnant. Gave up testing in frustration after two weeks, took another test a week and a half later and got a dark line. Basically, my symptoms started right from ovulation apparently.
Just keep testing every week I guess, or get a blood test if you really want to be sure.

Lara, how long has your cycle been back? While breast feeding it is normal to have annovulatory cycles as well as late ovulation. Also sometimes your period comes back but you don't start ovulating for a few cycles.
I didn't track if I was ovulating when my cycles returned, but I had 5 cycles between 27 and 30 days long and then got a bfp on CD 60 of cycle 6 and was only 5 weeks pregnant so I ovulated 3 weeks later than I would have expected to.

JustMe, just like while not breast feeding pregnancy symptoms vary so much from person to person so there's no real way to know for sure besides a hpt or blood test. I will say though that I felt pregnant for two weeks before I gave up testing. I had a smell in my nose that I got the first time around too, and only experienced those two times ever, my milk supply increased and I was leaking like crazy after not having leaked in 4 or 5 months (totally opposite of what most people report), my period was late, and I just felt pregnant. Gave up testing in frustration after two weeks, took another test a week and a half later and got a dark line. Basically, my symptoms started right from ovulation apparently.
Just keep testing every week I guess, or get a blood test if you really want to be sure.
i got them back when she was 12 weeks old, and she's 13m now, so this must be my 9th or 10th cycle, and they were regular immediately. Thanks for the advice; ill have to keep checking and hope for the best

Assuming I'm not going to ovulate in this cycle (I'm CD24 today and usually have cycles not exceeding 34 days), is there anything I can take to bring on ovulation?

I'm almost exclusively BF my 13 month old, and because of her lack of interest in solids or other milks, I'm not able to quit BF. We want a small age gap between our children, so I'm desperate to conceive ASAP, and it just doesn't seem like my daughter is going to quit BF anytime soon. All the websites say to cut down on night feeds first. Unfortunately that's impossible,because she takes most of her feeds at night (which is why we co-sleep), and I can't limit her if she's not taking the solids to keep her full. She's underweight too, so I can't mess with her calorie intake, and we tried to starve her off the breast in the past, offering other milks, but she refused so much so that she was one step away from being on a drip to rehydrate her. She's so awkward :wacko:

Is there anything I can take, that is safe while BF?

EDIT - I've just heard about Agnus Castus, Red Clover and Soy Isoflavones online. Haven't read much about them yet, but does anyone have experience or opinions of those? Good or bad.

but i only had one period months ago, and i am looking for ways other women have been able to tell

I don't understand. I found out I was pregnant by a test. BFing can give you pregnancy like symptoms and your periods can be very messed up after having a baby. It's really up in the air. With a negative test I'd say you probably aren't pregnant if you were able to test positive with your first child. Test again if you think you tested too early

I never had periods while breastfeeding, so I just tested every so often to check :). Not much else you can do I'm afraid!

Hello,

I'm bf my 19 month old and have been ttc for six months. I just have a question that I'm hoping someone will be able to answer. Did anyone's baby breastfeed more around ovulation or in the week before you found out you were pregnant? I think I ovulated last Monday and Sunday/Monday my toddler wanted to feed like a newborn. Then she went back to normal but again the last three days she's been on a feeding frenzy. I'm sure it's just coincidental but I was wondering if anyone else noticed the same.

Hello,

I'm bf my 19 month old and have been ttc for six months. I just have a question that I'm hoping someone will be able to answer. Did anyone's baby breastfeed more around ovulation or in the week before you found out you were pregnant? I think I ovulated last Monday and Sunday/Monday my toddler wanted to feed like a newborn. Then she went back to normal but again the last three days she's been on a feeding frenzy. I'm sure it's just coincidental but I was wondering if anyone else noticed the same.

Almost a week before my bfp my little man became super fusy at the breast and i got a bit of soreness. That's what tipped me off i might be pregnant. He didn't really feed more but he def let me know he was unsatisfied.

i got them back when she was 12 weeks old, and she's 13m now, so this must be my 9th or 10th cycle, and they were regular immediately. Thanks for the advice; ill have to keep checking and hope for the best

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you are having regular cycles of 35 days or less, then that is a good indication that you are ovulating. Most women don't ovulate every cycle though.

Also, OPK's are rubbish, IMO, especially the clear blue digi ones. I have never got a positive on them and didn't get a positive other or the other two types of ovulation tests I used it the cycle I for pregnant, although clearly I did ovulate!

Can I ask a question to those who's AF had returned before becoming pg- how long were they back for before they became regular?
I'm awaiting my second AF pp now and I'm hoping they will be right back to being regular as I've heard a common prob with breastfeeding is luteul phase defect??

Mine came back regular right from the start, though I have no idea if I was ovulating right away or when. But my second came 30 days after the first and the rest were every 28-30 days.

Well mine were every 26 days to start but I only had two before I got pregnant. My lutenal phase had shortened from before pregnancy when imy cyclewas 28 days

My first two were 28 days, then they went all over the place. 40 days... I noticed EWCM when AF was due once so decided to start temping to see what was going on as I was getting nowhere with TTC. I think my luteal phase was fine but ovulation was often delayed. First full month temping and I'm finally pg again!

I have some questions about BF whilst pregnant. I am less than 5 weeks and already my nipples are getting sore. DD seems to want to feed more too.

Is there anything I can do about the discomfort? Should I let DD feed more? I've tried to reduce day time feeding as I sometimes travel for work and can't keep nipping put of meetings to express.

I have some questions about BF whilst pregnant. I am less than 5 weeks and already my nipples are getting sore. DD seems to want to feed more too.

Is there anything I can do about the discomfort? Should I let DD feed more? I've tried to reduce day time feeding as I sometimes travel for work and can't keep nipping put of meetings to express.

I only had sore nipples like the first week and now they hurt when he matches some but it is def bareabke.

I had two cycles before falling pregnant. They were longer (around 33 days if I remember right) but ovulation wasn't until 21 days. The luteal phase was shorter but evidently not enough to cause a problem. I did notice that after I had a miscarriage while TTC #1 that my luteal phase was on the shorter side so I started taking Vitamin B complex to help lengthen it, and I got an extra day or two.

Well mine were every 26 days to start but I only had two before I got pregnant. My lutenal phase had shortened from before pregnancy when imy cyclewas 28 days

My first two were 28 days, then they went all over the place. 40 days... I noticed EWCM when AF was due once so decided to start temping to see what was going on as I was getting nowhere with TTC. I think my luteal phase was fine but ovulation was often delayed. First full month temping and I'm finally pg again!

I'm on cycle day 28 of my first cycle so I'll see if and when AF comes- already it's longer as they used to be 25 days apart. I guess it's just a waiting game then till your body regulates itself. I'm not in any rush just now! Hoping for bfp this year though !

I'm on cycle day 28 of my first cycle so I'll see if and when AF comes- already it's longer as they used to be 25 days apart. I guess it's just a waiting game then till your body regulates itself. I'm not in any rush just now! Hoping for bfp this year though !

My pre-baby cycles were 23-26 days, post baby they started at 30 and lessened to 28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->