TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I know the teeth gritting feeling!lol I guess it takes pregnancy hormones and breast tenderness to realize how strong a toddlers latch can be. At least he doesn't bite me. And he's showing no signs of wanting to slow down.

Oh my, can I join in please? I got my BFP this morning. :happydance: ( well, yesterday, but digi today)

I'm a bit worried as I have a history of early miscarriages and I'm only 10 days post ovulation, but when I have miscarried I haven't got a BFp this early and I am on low dose aspirin and will start heparin injections daily soon.

I am still breast feeding my 19 month old daughter about a million times a day... As well as her 'baby' and teddy..... :haha:

Aw, congrats midori! Hope this pregnancy goes well for you :)

I'm putting any myth that BFing triggers early labour to bed well and truly over here. 41+4 and still nothing happening. I expected to go a long way over again, so at least it's not a surprise. I just feel very ready to not be pregnant anymore!

Hi ladies, sorry if this has already been asked. I was wondering if the moms on here who breastfed while pregnant have had pain throughout the entire pregnancy. I know nipples are tender first trimester. I'm now 15 weeks and still nursing my 19 month old. But the pain is still so strong. Just wondering if this eased up for any of you. or did it stay the same or get worse? Thanks!

Yeah...I am 27 weeks and it's still painful, although not as bad as it was earlier in pregnancy. The initial latch is still painful but then it usually gets better. But I have definitely also had many grit-my-teeth moments!

Aw, congrats midori! Hope this pregnancy goes well for you :)

I'm putting any myth that BFing triggers early labour to bed well and truly over here. 41+4 and still nothing happening. I expected to go a long way over again, so at least it's not a surprise. I just feel very ready to not be pregnant anymore!

hey patch I used to post in this forum a while ago, I didn't know you were pregnant congrats!! and well done for breastfeeding your boy too!!

I would love to be pregnant again, my girl just turned 2, my periods started 3 months ago and ive just missed one, I was so sure I could be preggers but I tested negative yesterday : [

Well ladies, I don't post in here much but I thought I'd pop in just to say I will be leaving your ranks. DS has not fed since Friday (1 st Feb) and unless I get my bro in the next couple of days I am not pregnant yet. Good luck to all those still ttc.

My LO is barely 7 months and I'm 11 weeks pregnant. My period came back and LO still ate all the time and we hadn't started solids.

How many cycles did it take you for your bfp? This is my first cycle- I'm scared they'll be irregular for first few months tho!!

My LO is barely 7 months and I'm 11 weeks pregnant. My period came back and LO still ate all the time and we hadn't started solids.

How many cycles did it take you for your bfp? This is my first cycle- I'm scared they'll be irregular for first few months tho!!

Well 1 I guess because I wasn't ttc. I only had 2 periods.

Does anyone get a feeling like their skin is crawling when their LO nurses? I don't have a lot of pain just that uncomfortable creepy skin crawling feeling.

Does anyone get a feeling like their skin is crawling when their LO nurses? I don't have a lot of pain just that uncomfortable creepy skin crawling feeling.

Yes but only at night time! It's driving me crazy.

I did, and you have my sympathy. I often felt as if I wanted to throw her across the room it got so bad. Keeping hydrated, and bizarrely, avoiding lavender essential oil helped. I also used mindfulness techniques, and cut down nursing length.

I'm not coping :(

After a week of DD protesting my milk change and screaming all night we had two or three good days and now three nights of absolutely zero sleep as she can't go two minutes without boob in her mouth. My bladder is taking far too much abuse for a pregnant lady as DD won't even unlatch long enough for me to go pee - not without screaming the house down and when dh is getting up at 4 to work a 12 hour shift at a dangerous job, disturbing his sleep is a very bad idea right now.

During the day she's feeding every 15-20 minutes which I don't mind so much but now she won't nap without nursing either and I can't take it. I NEED that 1-2 hours to myself to function, let alone the fact that I haven't slept more than 2 hours in three days.

I'm feeling a lot of resentment toward her right now and I'm just barely holding it together :(

Sorry to hear you're having it so rough NDH :( I'm afraid I don't have any advice but couldn't read and run! Has she always fed that often or is she just extra clingy at the moment?

Since she was about 6 or 7 months old she's only fed a Max of 3 times a day and 2-3 times overnight on average. Until lately its pretty much been one feed before her midday nap, one at bedtime, one during the night and a cluster feed towards 6am when she wakes up. Totally of her choosing.
Even as a newborn she was never a frequent feeder IMO, every 3-4 hours generally.

Congratulations Midori :)!

Sophie is nursing less and less and when she nurses it's for a shorter amount of time :(.
I hope she's not weaning just yet! I was really hoping to make it to two years with her!

Sorry to hear some of you are struggling :hugs:..

Could she be at one of the "wonder weeks"? I know that more frequent feeds is a sign?!

Thanks for the congrats!

I'm still terrified tbh. I keep doing pregnancy tests to see if the line is getting darker. Insane I know... :blush: I have started my clexane injections today though, so hopefully that, along with the aspirin will help me avoid miscarriage.

Can I ask when everyone started getting nipple pain/discomfort while nursing please? I'm not really getting any, although I maybe have a slight aversion, but I have had that on and off anyway.

Well in the same week as stopping breastfeeding I got my bfp. I thought I'd just let you know as it must have looked weird me saying I was leaving because I had stopped feeding and wasn't pregnant yet but with a ticker saying I was pregnant lol

Thanks for the congrats!

I'm still terrified tbh. I keep doing pregnancy tests to see if the line is getting darker. Insane I know... :blush: I have started my clexane injections today though, so hopefully that, along with the aspirin will help me avoid miscarriage.

Can I ask when everyone started getting nipple pain/discomfort while nursing please? I'm not really getting any, although I maybe have a slight aversion, but I have had that on and off anyway.

I did 17 tests with this one, so I don't think you're insane :rofl:.

I never got any nipple discomfort or pain.
The only thing I struggled was with her feeding in the cradle position (how she nursed from birth basically). So I've fed her laying down for a while in first trimester.

Thankyou. That's reassurring.

I think my husband would be pleased if I'd only done 17 tests.... :blush: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->