TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

So sorry to hear that Celesse :hugs:. Hope everything settles down soon, and that TTC goes well when you feel ready.

I think I'm more disappointed at the increasing age gap it leaves us with than anything else. I can rationalise the loss happened at a time and in a manner that is a good indication the baby had chromosomal defect that was not compatible with life and therefore it was never going to be a baby. So I don't feel like I'm grieving, just very disappointed our family won't be expanding as soon as I thought it would.

I think I'm more disappointed at the increasing age gap it leaves us with than anything else. I can rationalise the loss happened at a time and in a manner that is a good indication the baby had chromosomal defect that was not compatible with life and therefore it was never going to be a baby. So I don't feel like I'm grieving, just very disappointed our family won't be expanding as soon as I thought it would.

so sorry for ur loss.

I soo understand the age thing, I wanted two under two as I felt so close to my sibling of just under two years, but it's not happened and so the family I imagined isn't gonna look quite like that. it doesn't matter tho, as long as ur children are happy and healthy, wen they come doesn't matter xx

So sorry to hear this Celesse.I get the age gap thing too, as well as the sadness over losing the baby.
Hopefully next cycle you'll have a sticky bean!

we are ntnp but lo is 9.5 mo im working ft so he can go up to 13 hrs without me but af still not returned. Dont know if ive ovulated as dont have a clue where to start! Had serious fatigue nausea cramps and about a month ago had a few days with dc that looked yellowish no smel (tmi sorry) but i thought could have been blood tinged? Tested last month bfn and dr has sent blood test off this month to test everything inc hcg levels. I feel exhausted, so if im np then why have i suddenly started to feel so exhausted? Any ideas ladies?

Hi ladies i posted over in the toddler section but will ask over here as part of my problem is tandem feeding i will just copy and paste from my other thread..

Well i know its still early days etc but man i need some advice on some things. DD1 wasnt sure of her new sister at first and would match her scream for scream when she cried. During the day she has got alot closer too her touching her kissing her stroking her but come night time an expected jealous toddler. We have coslept all this time and she still has a few boobie feeds. Posts/articles i read said how perhaps not weaning from both before baby was here would help them adapt and not be as jealous or put out by new baby. Oh how i wish i had got her into her own bed at the very least i feel awful saying that but she holds my arm if i try to turn over to deal with dd2 she fusses for AGES before sleeping. Wants the boob but just mucks about she only really wants it because she sees dd2 having it. Her behaviour has got worse(again i expected it to) but she has taken too on occasion bite me pinch me slap if i ask her to wait or say no. My DH is struggling to sleep and he does a lot of manual labour and needs to sleep but DD1 is all over the bed,starfishing dropping her feet down continually on us on purpose.We have put her toddler bed in our room to get her used to it she chose it (its a peppa one) but wont stay in it and go to sleep. we had about 3 nights of success of transferring her whilst asleep but the past few it hasnt worked.
My knee jerk reaction is to wean her off the boob then get her into her own bed,i know this sounds cruel and she might feel more pushed away. but im sick of her tantrumming when we go to bed(high pitched screaming) and waking DD2 after i have just got her settled.We dont have a bedtime routine as DD1 was such a terrible sleeper she only started sleeping through at around 19 months old.
Sorry it so long but what would people suggest we do?

I'm so sorry to hear its so difficult. I have no advice but if nothing else I hope time makes it easier as you dd2 is still so brand new! xxxx

I was hoping to get some advice from ladies who have TTC while breastfeeding with a short LP, which I understand is pretty common while bfing. I got AF back last month and has a LP of 7 days. I started taking vit b complex 50 so this month my LP was 9 days. I am not sure what LP should I aim for before I start to TTC? 10, 11 or 12 days?? Also should I just stick with the 50 complex or increase it to 100 complex now? What would you suggest? I want to wait until my chances of conception are best, but at the same time age is not on my side as I'm 39, keen to try sooner rather than later. Thank you :)

I was hoping to get some advice from ladies who have TTC while breastfeeding with a short LP, which I understand is pretty common while bfing. I got AF back last month and has a LP of 7 days. I started taking vit b complex 50 so this month my LP was 9 days. I am not sure what LP should I aim for before I start to TTC? 10, 11 or 12 days?? Also should I just stick with the 50 complex or increase it to 100 complex now? What would you suggest? I want to wait until my chances of conception are best, but at the same time age is not on my side as I'm 39, keen to try sooner rather than later. Thank you :)

if u want a baby then ttc from now on! a ten day LP is thought to be a min, but really babes can just surprise us when they stick!

I'd stay on 50 for now and see if it lengthens again!

Hi ladies i posted over in the toddler section but will ask over here as part of my problem is tandem feeding i will just copy and paste from my other thread..

Well i know its still early days etc but man i need some advice on some things. DD1 wasnt sure of her new sister at first and would match her scream for scream when she cried. During the day she has got alot closer too her touching her kissing her stroking her but come night time an expected jealous toddler. We have coslept all this time and she still has a few boobie feeds. Posts/articles i read said how perhaps not weaning from both before baby was here would help them adapt and not be as jealous or put out by new baby. Oh how i wish i had got her into her own bed at the very least i feel awful saying that but she holds my arm if i try to turn over to deal with dd2 she fusses for AGES before sleeping. Wants the boob but just mucks about she only really wants it because she sees dd2 having it. Her behaviour has got worse(again i expected it to) but she has taken too on occasion bite me pinch me slap if i ask her to wait or say no. My DH is struggling to sleep and he does a lot of manual labour and needs to sleep but DD1 is all over the bed,starfishing dropping her feet down continually on us on purpose.We have put her toddler bed in our room to get her used to it she chose it (its a peppa one) but wont stay in it and go to sleep. we had about 3 nights of success of transferring her whilst asleep but the past few it hasnt worked.
My knee jerk reaction is to wean her off the boob then get her into her own bed,i know this sounds cruel and she might feel more pushed away. but im sick of her tantrumming when we go to bed(high pitched screaming) and waking DD2 after i have just got her settled.We dont have a bedtime routine as DD1 was such a terrible sleeper she only started sleeping through at around 19 months old.
Sorry it so long but what would people suggest we do?

Wow, you definitely have your hands full. Can you put DH in charge of getting DD1 to bed? My DD is 12 months and I'm due with DS in another 3 months. We bed-shared with DD until 11 months and then I put a stop to it for future DS' safety. DH is in charge of putting her to bed every night and she sleeps in her crib. Some nights she's up every few hours and he's in charge of re-settling her and others she sleeps through the night for 8-10 hours. Once DH leaves for work around 6am, she still comes to bed with me if she awakens and I'd like to continue that when DS comes but we'll see. I like that snuggly time with her.

Anyway, as hard as it will be to transition her to her own room/bed at this point since DD2 is already here, I think that's what my next step would be if I were in your shoes. I think if you keep her toddler bed in your room, you're setting yourself up to still have her in bed with you though so rather than do two separate transitions (one to her own bed and then again to her own room), I'd opt to do both at once. You can still bf her when she asks so you still have that connection with her but you need your rest, especially at night! I'd ask your DH to take over toddler night time duty so she doesn't have access to you or your nursing during that time and though it will be a long and difficult week, I think if you stick to it, it shouldn't take more than a week.

By the way, I'm not advocating CIO or anything like that. When I transitioned DD to her crib, I would nurse her (or DH would give her a bottle of expressed milk) to drowsiness/sleep and put her in the crib with a stuffed animal and a binky. When/If she woke crying, I would go to her, help her lie back down, sing some lullabies while rubbing her back until she went back to sleep. I didn't pick her up out of the crib. Some nights I laid her back down over and over and over again for 10+ minutes and others she'd roll over and go to sleep. But I stuck to it and she is now going to sleep quite well in her crib. The transition wasn't nearly as horrible and stressful as I thought it would be. Anyway, good luck!

Hi Ladies!

I am here to join you! I am a mum to a 6 mth old daughter who is breastfed. Hubby and I are both anxious to give her a brother or sister!

I have not had a AF, but I have been taking Vitex & Maca powder in hope my AF would show up but it appears i may have to wean my daughter for AF to return.

In the past i have had difficulty with having consistent and regular cycles, with the help of Provera (to induce period) and Clomid (produce more eggs, making conception likely) my first two pregnancies were fast & effective (first pregnancy resulted in miscarriage, second is my 6 mth baby daughter).

I think it's fantastic that you ladies have continued breastfeeding and some through their second pregnancy, it is a real achievement and something to be admired. I had hoped to conceive my second child whilst continuing breastfeeding my first, though i have to consider that fertility medication might be an option for me again this time. As it's not always as easy for some to simply start weaning their child to make menstruation /ovulation to occur.

Has anyone else been in my position, having had a little bit of struggle conceiving naturally and now faced with the decision to reduce their time breastfeeding in order to conceive their second child? As much as i enjoy breastfeeding (and how skinny it makes you lol) i dont want to spend the next 2-3yrs trying to conceive our second baby AFTER i have finished breastfeeding my first.

Your suggestions and advice is welcome :)

XXX

if u want a baby then ttc from now on! a ten day LP is thought to be a min, but really babes can just surprise us when they stick!

I'd stay on 50 for now and see if it lengthens again!

I would stick with 50 too, that's a big improvement in just one cycle and you don't want to risk the side effects of too much b6, ranging from loss of milk supply to nerve problems. Are you also taking a b complex as you really need the other b vitamins, to get the most effective results xx

Thanks Teeny, you are right, we should just get on with it!

Yes summer rain I am taking the holland and Barrett vitamin b complex. I will stick with this, I also take the pregnacare plus for breastfeeding, not sure if that's worth taking anymore as I feel a little on a supplement overload as I am also having to take calcium and magnesium between ovulation and AF to keep my milk supply up! One thing I am a bit concerned about, should I be lucky enough to conceive quickly, is my milk supply. I want to carry on bfing until dd is at least 1 if not longer. Do some women loose their supply quickly? I am just concerned as I know that ovulation seems to affect mine :(

Hey ladies... my supply has dropped immensely and my midwife recommended fenugreek to increase my supply. especially as my lo is dairy and soy intolerant/allergic.
She stated it was safe to take during pregnancy but everything I've read says it isn't.
Anyone used it? Anything else i can take safely to increase my supply?

Hey ladies... my supply has dropped immensely and my midwife recommended fenugreek to increase my supply. especially as my lo is dairy and soy intolerant/allergic.
She stated it was safe to take during pregnancy but everything I've read says it isn't.
Anyone used it? Anything else i can take safely to increase my supply?

Sorry your supply has dropped, this is why I may wait another month before TTC, can I ask how pregnant were you when you noticed it drop? What I have read says that there is nothing that can help supply when it drops due to pregnancy, but I obviously have no experience and would like to hear what other say to advise you. Hope it picks up for you.

Thanks. i noticed it almost straight away actually. it seems that when lo isn't as hungry at a particular feed, or skips a feed together my supply drops as normal. however, no matter what i do i can't get it to increase.
I'm on progesterone Pessaries, so i think that May be making it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->