TTC, Semen Analysis Complete! Help with results please!

Excitedbaby

Reaction score
Hi,

My husband and I have been ttc for almost 5 months and I just felt like something might be wrong. My grandmother was a fertile myrtle and so was my mom so I thought within the foray few tries we would concieve. Regardless, I have a very regular cycle and ovulate at the same time every month so we had a Semen Analysis done and just got the results today and my husband is freaking out. Can you guys help me please with more information? Do these numbers mean that we are not going to be able to concieve naturally?

Semen volume -2.5 ml
Semen appearance -normal
Semen viscosity- normal
Sperm agglutination -none
Sperm count- 44 M/ml
Sperm count total -110 M
Sperm motility - 50 %
Sperm progression-abnormal
Sperm, natural forms- 4%
Semen luecocytes -1 M/ml

Two things were flagged by the doctor, the sperm progression and the semen luecocytes.

Thank you so much for all your help and guidance.

I know expert but he definitely doesn't have low sperm count. I think progression is how easily they move, it could be that the semen is thicker, making it harder for the sperm to swim. I have no idea if that's right at all but if it is then it doesnt mean you can't get pregnant naturally, it just means it might take longer. Has your gp spoken to you about your options?

-AussieBub

Hi! No we haven't spoken to them yet. Thanks for your help! I hope
We can get pregnant naturally, my
Husband is so bummed out.

Motility is low - but that can be altered. My hubby's first was low, but his last was great.

As far as the white cells (leukocytes), it could mean that hubs has a minor infection or that he's under significant stress. Doc should handle that.

Don't let him be bummed. It's actually a fairly decent SA.

Oh my gosh thank you so much! We are so relieved to hear this from you. Thank you thank you!! I can't wait to get to doctor so we can fix anything and we definitely need to lower stress, he's stressed. Thanks again!!

So glad someone else was able to come in and offer advice. I'm no expert but hate seeing posts with 0 responses so try to offer help and support where I can. Glad someone else could give you the answers I couldn't :D Good luck at the doctors and BDing...lots of sticky baby dust to you!!! <3

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->