TTC still breast feeding, no periods?

Geegees

Mummy to Madalyn :)
Reaction score
Hi all. :) I'm back at the start again! :)
My daughter turned 1 yesterday and OH and I have been talking about number 2, I still don't have my periods back regularly because (I guess) I'm still breast feeding and bed sharing. How do I know where I am in my cycle with no periods?! Also, my OH and I don't DTD very often, never really have, mutually happy about that, but it means when we do we need to time it right!
Any advice??

Hi all. :) I'm back at the start again! :)
My daughter turned 1 yesterday and OH and I have been talking about number 2, I still don't have my periods back regularly because (I guess) I'm still breast feeding and bed sharing. How do I know where I am in my cycle with no periods?! Also, my OH and I don't DTD very often, never really have, mutually happy about that, but it means when we do we need to time it right!
Any advice??

I remember you from the pregnancy forums - our babies are around the same age. How often is your baby nursing? They say getting a six hour stretch of sleep at night or an eight hour stretch during the day without nursing can help bring your periods back. Watch for fertile CM and do the deed whenever you see EWCM. You may be able to catch the first egg!

Hi! :)
She nurses mainly at night, easily go 8 hours during the day but at night she feeds between 1-3 hourly!! (Yawn!)
I've had 2 periods, but they were months apart! (Forgot to mention that before!)
Does that mean that eggs are being released but irregularly? Good luck with ttc! :)

My first two cycles were insane. The first one was 54 days and the second one was 32 but I had a 7 day LP. My cycles are slowly getting back to normal. I'm still nursing and we have the same issue with frequent night nursing. I'm trying to encourage her to go back to sleep with comfort not nursing when she wakes, but usually I just cave and give her what she wants.

Are you charting? That might give you a better handle on what's going on.

No I'm not, not sure it's for me tbh, I do have some opks, maybe ill dog those out.
Glad it's not just is with the frequent nursing then!! :-/ I too try and comfort her in other ways but its just too easy to stick a boob in her mouth!!

I totally agree. The boob works so well. Haha

This is our fifth cycle TTC and every time AF comes I resolve to wean her because I do think nursing is interfering with our ability to conceive, but then I cave in two seconds. It's a combination of wanting to give her what she wants and wanting to go back to sleep in the middle of the night. For example if I try to give her a pacifier, she just gets irate and throws it across the room. And I'm tired at 3 am, so she wins.

OPKs are probably a good idea so you can get a heads up on when you are about to ovulate!

There's a lot of people who get pregnant breastfeeding and no periods.

Don't lose hope x

Hi ladies! Maybe this will help.

Breastfeeding will cause you to not ovulate. It is a hormone that is released that does this. It's a natural way to help space out pregnancies. Night time nursing especially encourages your body not to ovulate. After you finish breastfeeding your period should return back to normal and you can TTC again.

Thanks gardeninggirl, maybe it's not meant to be just yet then. :-/

I got my periods back at 4 months pp and was ebf. He woke a lot for night feedings and fed a lot throughout the day (still does).

I was kinda disappointed about its early appearance though, after that they were regular.

My son is still feeding but my periods only stopped due to depo x

I am in a few TTC while breastfeeding groups online and a ton of women have gotten their BFPs while still nursing. Don't give up hope!

Thanks all! :) lisK good luck, I hope you get your BFP really soon!! :) to get mine I really need to DTD!! :-/

Very strangely I woke up to af this morning!!

I've just got mine back my lo is 7 months, I'm using opks and mine was quite dark today. I'm not ready to give up feeding so if it doesn't happen that's fine. Fingers crossed though. Would really like siblings close together x

Very strangely I woke up to af this morning!!

Yay AF! (So strange to be excited to see her arrive but yay!)

I would use OPKs starting in about a week. That'll give you an idea of when you are ovulating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->