TTC Summer 2010 Girls

:) Silas's belly totally pooches out of his diaper cover. It's so cute, I love it!

Working full time and parenting seems daunting. I really do want to work, I just wish it could be part time. But unfortunately that's not an option. Sigh. That's why I hope to hire a house cleaner, more free time for a busy me! (who am I kidding, it just means a cleaner house cause I'm really not much if a cleaner...)

Wishing you all great 2012's!

Apologies for the long time no post!

zb5 congrats on your gorgeous little boy! shortly after having Bethany a midwife told me her first was 9lb something and her second was 11lb something - supposed to cheer me up!?
coco glad to see things are going well - nearly time!!
Amyg congrats on your bf - doing so well!
carbafe hope all is going well with gorgeous Luke
shey - hope 2012 is much better for you than last year
fairybabe congrats on baby Meredith - what a lovely name :)

everyone else, hello and hope you are well,
Dinah

Great pictures COCO you are getting so close!!! Anytime now.... My Trinity came at 37weeks :)

Hi Dinah! Nice to see you again! :) Hope everything is going well with you, DH, and Bethany... I'll have to go check out your journal!

Hi Dinah and Kate how are you ladies doing? how are your lil ones?

Thanks Lil. Saw midwife yesterday and head not engaged, the baby's back is to my left and it's arms and legs to my right :/

Coco, I'm not sure Silas was engaged until I went into labor. It's do hard to predict these things! Are you hoping for an early baby, or any special days that would make nice birthdays? :)

That's true ZB but it would be nice to have signs of progression! I would like it to be early but I don't know if I'll be so lucky! Everyone seems so sure it'll be early. Just reading about spending time on birthing ball and all fours to encourage the baby to move into the right position!

How's Silas?

I went 3 days early which was perfect, not too early so I had lots of time to prepare but didn't have that "oh no I'm overdue" feeling or people harassing me asking whether he was here yet. :)

Silas is good, I am working on his naps this week. He's been napping mostly 45 minutes at a time and then staying awake about 90 minutes, so it's about a 2:15 cycle of feed, change, play, sleep. He never really had a schedule before so this is nice... although eventually I'd like the naps to be longer and farther apart!

olivia never engaged until active labor--but i still managed to get to 4 cm and 60% effaced 2 days before labor even began! although engagement helps the effacing/thinning and dilation it isnt required for things to get there :) i was worried about her not engaging but everything was fine regardless....i went a week late

Yeah a few days would be perfect! I judt don't want to be late or have to be induced.
Routine sounds good :)

So uncomfortable this evening, back ache and belly feels so heavy. Just don't know what to do with myself! No position is comfortable!

O coco sympathy hugs for the uncomfyness ! I was just talking to DH about the final few weeks of pregnancy and how I remember being so uncomfy and slouching on the sofa and he kept telling me off and telling me to sit up with my knees lower than my hips to help the baby engage (they told us at anti natal) and I could have punched him ! :) Are you on maternity leave yet ? Hope you are getting a chance to take it easy. My advice if you have any free time before the baby is born is get any wee jobs done now that you wont have time for later. I have lots of jobs like putting photos in albums etc that I wish I had done with my month off that I have never had a chance to do ! :)

Are you all ready ? Bag packed ? Babies room all ready ?

Thanks carbafe, I was made redundant at 10 wks so have had plenty of 'me time'! my b/f downloaded a cheesy american antenatal class video so we watch an hour a night! It's quite annoying but interesting and Tom is learning too!
Room is ready, the changing table that tom's BIL made is in there now :) ordering the nursing chair this week and will get a cot in a month or 2. so we are all set!
bags are mostly done but I can't put certain things in yet because I will be needing them until the last minute.

O yes I remember that now about your job ! Make sure you write a list of last minute things to put in your bag so you can check them off. Even though I wasn't in full blown labour when we went to the hospital I remember feeling really nervous and think I would have forgotten things if I hadn't written them down.

Coco glad you have had some time off, even though begin made redundant isn't always a welcome thing. Definitely put your feet up and relax these last few weeks :) It does help if you can get out and get some walks in, even if not very long....I worked until 5 days before my due date so I would have killed for some down time in those last few weeks! You are almost there :happydance: can't wait for another baby on this thread!

PS. Olivia started giving kisses when we ask the last few days--it's so cute...slobbery a bit but cute :)

Yeah the list is on top of my case! Thanks Carbafe. Plus Tom can gather things if I can't!

Membas I can't believe you worked so close. I love getting out and walking so it's frustrating when I can't do much now! We drove onto the Moors yesterday in the fog and rain just to have to turn around after 10 minutes and my bump and legs were wet due to not having anything to cover me up! I just like to get out though, whatever the weather!
We are having friends over for dinner for the third night in a row, lots of food and board games!

Aww Olivia!!

I was actually glad I had work to keep me busy but i was tired. I think I dropped back to about 33 hours a week at work and some work at home time instead of 40 in the office but i can't drive to work (i work at a university and the parking is really expensive) so i had to walk to work and home each day--i think it was a blessing in disguise :) it's only right under a mile so it's not far but at nearly 40 weeks pg it seemed far :haha:

I started taking the bus near the end of when I was working... walking really set off my B-H contractions, which probably were fine, but my doctor had me worried that if they were too bad she wouldn't let me fly. The day I went into labor I walked 3 miles... at the time it felt like a marathon and I'm sure it took a couple hours! Coco, you're so close!

membas, those kisses sound soooo cute. :)

yay for sloppy kisses! Bethany will give them too and kisses herself in mirrors lol.

coco - hoping baby comes soon

- Dinah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back