TTC - Unusual Second AF after Miss Miscarriage

Boomtastico

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Im not sure if anyone else may have experienced anything similar to what I am about to explain. I had a MMC in February 11 and have since had 2 Periods. I did TTC straight after, roughly 3 weeks after the MMC (I was 16 wks but baby possibly died around 14 wks) but did not concieve. I am now on my secon AF despite TTC again with the aid of OPKs and checking CM and checking my CP. However it does seem a little strange. (TMI warning!!) The bleeding started quiet brown and lots of EWCM on the second day I did start to get black clots and still lots of EWCM but also what looks like small clots/pieces of birth tissue. The bleeding is now red and doesnt smell like usual Menstral Bleeding, I have had mild cramps but also a funny metallic taste in my mouth, nausea and dizzyness which all seem to be getting worse. I have a regular 28 day cycle and started this period on CD27. I can only describe the symptoms as pregnancy symptoms (I have never had problems such as these with my periods) but know I am not pregnant as I am having my AF. My main concern is that prehaps there is still some birth tissue from my Miscarriage remaining and possible causing these symptoms. I am very keen to become pregnant again, after lossing our little angel we had him/her cremated and feel we did all we could do as parents of our little one but we do want to try again. I have endometriosis which has never caused me fertility problems as I do have 2 boys, one 5 and one 3yrs prior to the miscarriage. We want a final baby prior to me having ablation theropy on the endrometriosis. Has anyone else still continued to lose birth tissue after a MMC or could this be anything else.... Also the symptoms Im having, are these normal? Thanks

Hi Boomtaxtico

Firstly I am sorry for you loss and send you hugs :hugs:

I just want to say that i also suffered a mmc in feb last year at 16 weeks :cry: and experienced the same with AF as what you are describing, although I had a dreadful 1st AF also, by the 3rd cycle things settled down and went back to normal and it took for me to get to the 9th cycle before I got a BFP again.

I did get checked out with GP as was worried that there was some tissue left behind but thankfully everything was ok.

However, the 1st mmc I had I ended back in theatre due to tissue being stuck at my cervix, but this happened at the 1st AF as I think it would show up right away.

so hopefully its just your system getting back to normal hun and I will keep my fingers crossed for you TTC :hugs:

Take care xx

Thanks Wee lor, big hugs to you too :hugs: I have to say the mmc is an awful thing to go through at any stage but such a shock when you get past the so called 'safe period' of 12 weeks isnt it. I had slight bleeding only when I wiped so contacted the midwife. She referred me to EPU for a scan as she couldnt find a heart beat but said it could be normal if baby was low in the pelvic area. On the way to the hospital I still didnt feel concerned so was heartbroken when the US scan confirmed no heartbeat and the nurse said she was sorry to tell me my baby had died. I was still having all the usual pregnancy symptoms. I had severe sickness and also got flu during the pregnancy and at one point became very dehydrated so prehaps all these things brought this about.

I am so glad to hear you are expecting:baby: :happydance:I feel really impatient but know I need to stay positive and when things are right it will happen again.

My first AF was a little heavier than usual and I had worse cramps and some clots but it was just this second AF that there seemed to be what looks like birth tissue. I had medically managed miscarriage and no D&C. After I passed our baby (which was accompanied by all the usual pains of labour and birth) I had extremely heavy bleeding and the placenta became stuck so the senior registra had to remove it otherwise I was going to have surgery. She removed it with success and I was told I wouldnt need a follow up scan or checks. I think im just a little over cautious now but will continue to TTC and hopefully my next AF will be fine.

Boomtastico - so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Have you been scanned since your mc? Did you have an ERPC or did you deliver?
Have you been scanned since your mc?

I'm asking because I definitely do have retained products - they are hoping it will come out with the period I'm just starting (my second since mc) so it's certainly possible.
From what you have said it is also possible you have an infection. I would get to your GP ASAP and get checked out - ask to be referred for an ultrasound to put your mind at rest. I think it does take a while for things to settle after an mc - I hoped I'd be one of the lucky ones who got PG right away but I've had endless complications and bleeding and tests so clearly not!!!

Good luck with everything - I hope you get some answers soon.

Big :hugs:

Just saw your second post - definitely get it checked out. There is no harm in asking for an ultrasound.

Hopefully this af will get the last of it and you will be back to normal soon.

:hugs:

Thanks Hanskiz. I think I will go to the GP. To be honest I should have had some bloods done too before now. The hospital put me on Iron tablets due to the blood loss ( 3 tablets a day 200mg) and said to have bloods done 6 weeks after. Due to work commitments and the time slots with the nurse at the GP Surgery I ahve not had chance to go. I will go to GP tomorrow and get bloods done and whilst there I will mention these other symptoms and the suspected birth tissue. All being well they will send me for a US.

I am in the same boat as you, I really hoped to conceive asap and for once I am trying all the different methods - opks, checking CM, CP etc - to aid conception but still waiting. Like Wee lor maybe it will take a little longer but Im sure we'll get blessed soon.:hugs:

I'm just beginning to accept that it may take a little longer than I hoped. It's hard to take though - I've always caught first time before so can't help worrying there is something wrong if I don't catch next month. I know that's silly.

:hugs:

Well I think it will be you and me both trying like mad after this AF :sex: Finger crossed for us both and hopefully its a BFP end of next cycle

Well I think it will be you and me both trying like mad after this AF :sex: Finger crossed for us both and hopefully its a BFP end of next cycle

Yup!! We'll be going at it like rabbits!!!! :haha::haha:

Here's hoping for a January 2012 baby.

:dust::dust: to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g