TTC w. Vitex, prenatals & B6 (no period)

Mytimeisnow

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am new to babyandbumb and this is my first post. My fiancé and I have been TTC for over a year now with no luck. I only get my periods 2-3 times a year which drives me insane! My doctor did an internal ultrasound and everything looked as it should, but when they ran a blood test that revealed that my hormones are out-of-wack :wacko: My doctor tells me that my LH(Luteinizing hormone) level is higher than it should be and that could be what is contributing to the absences of my period. They wanted to put me on birth control to regulate my hormones but I promised myself I wouldn't go down that road again because I dislike the side effects. I'm trying a more natural approach with herbs because I have read many success stories about them. One in particular is Vitex (chaste tree). I've heard that it brings absent periods that are due to hormonal imbalance back and helps to balance out hormones which is my main issue. I am currently taking two 400mg of Vitex (though my bottle says to take 4 a day I only take 2), 50mg of B6, Prenatal vitamins and and one cup of a womens tonic tea that has 200mg of Dong quai (which is another herb used for fertility and hormonal balance. Has anyone out there ever had an experience similar to mines? Or has had their fair share of herbs and has it worked for you? (P.S. Sorry for the story I wrote)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->