TTC while EBF?

ready4num2

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on TTC. DH and I have decided to actively try for #3! DD2 is almost 8 weeks and I'm EBF. What are my chances? Anything I can do to increase my fertility while BF?

Didn't want to read and run but I have no idea. My son just turned one and is still nursing. There's no sign of my cycles coming back

Have your cycles returned? Obviously, there needs to be ovulation to get pregnant. But you can ovulate before your first period shows up and still get pregnant.

My cycles returned at 5 1/2 months post partum, and we started actively trying. I got pregnant when LO was 1 year old. (although we think the delay has more to do with my husband than my own cycles) I was EBF until LO turned 7 months, and we started him on some solids.

But each woman is different. I have a friend who got pregnant 6 weeks post partum, and another friend who is still trying 2 years post partum, but her cycles are still wonky from breastfeeding.

I think if your baby night weans, it's easier to get your period back. But
Every woman is different. I still haven't gotten mine back at 16
Months. 8 wks wow! At 8 weeks I was nowhere near recovered yet. Experts recommend 18 months between pregnancies https://www.npr.org/blogs/health/20...etween-babies-reduces-risk-of-premature-birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->