TTC with irregular cycles

UniqueBeauty

3 beautiful children
Reaction score
Hey :flower:
just wondering who was is trying to conceive with irregular cycles here?

I've not really found much info on here about it. I have no idea when I ovulate or when my next period is due! Safe to say it's been a total nightmare! x

:dust:

I have irregular cycles due to PCOS. Anywhere from 50 to 150 days long. It is so hard to pinpoint ovulation but I am getting better at it :) I currently temp, check cervix, monitor CM and use OPK if I sense ovulation may be approaching.

Hey there-

At least 30% of women have irregular cycles at some point during their childbearing years. Many threads on here are in essence about women trying different things to help ovulation along and then to know when it is happening because they are irregular. Threads about soy isoflavones, vitex, fertilaid, charting bbt, and raspberry leaf tea usually have underlying irregular cycle issues. Not always of course but a lot of us need help with our cycles anyway we can.

As mentioned above charting your bbt and is key and maybe throw in some cheap opk's. Also look into some supplements that could help you ovulate more regularly so you'll have more opportunities overall to conceive. Good luck!

Wow 150 days long! That would drive me crazy. My cycles have gone from 11 days to 13, 11, 35, 41, 31. Last year I got a + OPK at CD 14 then another month CD 33 so I don't have a clue :nope:. Were just DTD and hoping for the best!

I took my temp this morning but by ear it was after I'd been up for half an hour does that still count? x

Wow 150 days long! That would drive me crazy. My cycles have gone from 11 days to 13, 11, 35, 41, 31. Last year I got a + OPK at CD 14 then another month CD 33 so I don't have a clue :nope:. Were just DTD and hoping for the best!

I took my temp this morning but by ear it was after I'd been up for half an hour does that still count? x

Charting bbt is kind of a pain in the butt if you can swing it but it's really worth it if you can stick to it each month. You have to take it at the same time every day before you get out of bed or have been awake very long. A basal body temperature thermometer that gives temps at 1/10 a degree is necessary and you can use one of many free apps to log your bbt each day. A lot of ladies use fertility friend but there are others out there to if you don't like their layout.

Good luck!

I don't know what my cycles are like. I was a late bloomer, first period when I was 15, but only a handful between then and when I started BCP at 18. Switched from BCP to IUD for a year before jumping into TTC. I've tried temping, CM and OPK's with no success. OB thought I might be anovulatory until AF came yesterday.

Hey :flower:
just wondering who was is trying to conceive with irregular cycles here?

I've not really found much info on here about it. I have no idea when I ovulate or when my next period is due! Safe to say it's been a total nightmare! x

:dust:

Hello Looks like we're on the same cycle I have been ttc with irregular cycles for over a year they range from 41-214 days I started Vitex just over 3 weeks ago now I think it seems to be helping my temps even out.
I hope you get your BFP soon x

I have irregular cycles due to PCOS. Anywhere from 50 to 150 days long. It is so hard to pinpoint ovulation but I am getting better at it :) I currently temp, check cervix, monitor CM and use OPK if I sense ovulation may be approaching.

Hi, i too Have PCOS and I'm now on Clomid....I even got a online clomid calculator :D I'm married for 15 years now been TTC for years. My clock is ticking lol....so i'm really praying for the best.

im irregular moving from 25 days long til 42 days long (although I have been shot down on here before for apparently not being irregular enough even though it been confirmed as irregular by a FS and years of test)

for example: last cycle was 25 days Oing on cd14, now this cycle estimated 34/35 days and I O'd on cd21

usually there is 5 or 7 days between cycles but I never know which way and then every so often ill only have a day or 2 difference or a 10 day or so difference

apparently started Oing 4 months ago (I was being test via daily bloods at the doctors for the last year) and now im Oing and can use OPKs its easier to figure out when im due AF from the positive OPK but waiting on the +OPK can be torture as it can be anywhere from cd13 to cd31 - I dont think I could handle it if I went any longer, people with 100 day cycles must have the patients of a saint

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->