TTC with irregular periods and CFS/ME

Lala8

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time on one of these forums.

My husband and I have been ttc since February this year. I know it's not a long time and I know some people have been trying for years but it feels like forever!

I have extremely irregular periods and my longest cycle this year was 51 days! My last cycle was only 35 days though so they vary a lot! At the moment I am on day 40 of this cycle. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago and it came back negative.

Normally before every period I get a lump in my breast and then a week later I come on. So far no lump has appeared but I also don't think I have any pregnancy symptoms.

The only thing that I have noticed that is different to normal is that I was constipated for 3 days and normally I have very regular bowel movements. Then following this constipation I have experienced a very upset tummy and my bowels have not returned to how they normally are yet.

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) for 12 years so as I am often tired and nauseaus I may not have noticed if I am nauseaus or tired or any pregnancy symptoms.

Getting pregnant is all I think about and it has become my whole life which my husband does not understand. He really wants to be a dad but he can compartmentalise things and therefore does not understand why I am focusing on it.

Is anyone else going through the same thing as me with irregular periods and does anyone understand what I am going through?

I would be so grateful for anyone to reply to my thread.

:hi: I imagine it is very difficult with irregular cycles. I'm sure that adds to the stress and can make trying harder since you have to wait longer for your next chance. I think men definitely find it easier to concentrate on other things and do not feel the intense emotions that we do. That might be partly because we do feel all the things like af, symptoms (whether real or progesterone-induced), and disappointment when af does show. I wish you luck and invite you to join our testing/support thread. There are some very helpful, supportive ladies there. Click here to go to the thread. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->