ttc

loopylally

Reaction score
Hey!
I'm brand new to this site so not sure if I am using it right? :dohh:
But anyway, just thought I would join up as I am constantly looking for information on the web to explain all of the weird questions you have when you're trying to conceive!
Here's a little background info on me:
Me and my husband have been actively trying for roughly 14 months, I was having the depo injection for a year before this and for 2 years before that I had the implant and the pill.
Over the year that we've been trying I had a constant period for about 8 months and then no period whatsoever since then.
Basically I have a few questions!
Is it normal to have lost my period after the depo? When will It come back? I don't even know if I am ovulating. Obviously my body could return to normal and I could ovulate without knowing it and become pregnant (hence no period) but to be quite honest I am a bit nervous about the long lasting affect the depo seems to have had on me.
Does anyone have any advice?
:wacko:

I didn't want to read and run
I've never had the depo injection
So I've no answer sorry
Welcome to b and b though
Hve u tested to see if u r preg?

I've never had the depo but I did have major issues after stopping the pill after taking it for 14 years. My DH and I are going on 19 months of TTC, well NTNP because of all the hormonal issues I've had because of the pill. I didn't have a period for about 6 months last year and ended up taking Vitex and it brought my period back and is starting to regulate the past 5 months or so to 32-35 day cycles. Have you looked into taking Vitex (agnus castus) at all? There are tons of threads about it on here and a lot of success stories with it bringing back periods and regulating cycles after coming off birth control. I wish you luck and hope you get your bfp soon!

CP x your story sounds like mine! I was not on depo but I was on BCP for 13 years. I stopped it 8 months ago and have yet to have regular cycles and no ovulation. I had no idea how much those hormones would mess with my body's natural process. Fertilaid can be very helpful for women, the active ingredient is Vitex. Some women also use Dong Quai to help regulate cycles. Also you can try acupuncture and/or chiropractic to help regulate cycles.

How long has your period been absent? If it has been 12 weeks you can ask your doc to do a progesterone withdrawal challenge. That can sometimes jump start your cycles again.

I started a support thread in the ttc#1 (I assume you are both ttc#1) forum for women with irregular cycles to vent about our frustrations, trials and tribulations of getting KU with irregular cycles. I am always recruiting new members to join, feel free to jump in the conversation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->