TTC2 - Is this even possible?

Amy31

Reaction score
Hi
This is the first month my DH and I have tried for baby no 2. My DS took 8 years to conceive and is now 4! I feel like I haven't got a clue again about OD, DPO, LP ..... So just have a little question.

Last period started 25/10/2015 we DTD the following week a few times but on 08/11/15 I had severe cramps not mild like my usual ovulation or AF pains they were much stronger and I couldn't do anything, I also was exhausted and still feel wiped out now with mild cramps all the time.

Before AF I also get tired, hungry and crampy but that one was strong and painful - could it have been implantation at CD14 - I do have short cycles 22/23 days.

:wacko:

Assuming your luteal phase (LP) is an average 12-14 days, then-

Oct 25 + 22/23 days = Nov 16/17 AF Due
Nov 16/17 - 12-14 LP = Oct 29-Nov 5 ovulation window. Most likely Nov 3-5

Unless AF is really short for you, you might actually ovulate before AF is finished. Sometimes women with short cycles have trouble getting pregnant because they're ovulating during AF, but not fertilizing until AF is over.

"A week after" your AF day starts at Nov 2, so if you're heading for a 22 day cycle this time around and you have a 14 day LP, then you missed it (O was Oct 29), but if you're heading for a 23 day cycle with a shorter 12 day LP, then you caught it (O was Nov 5).

I had really bad cramps my entire TWW last cycle, and I think it's because I had an extra follicle cyst that popped a couple days after I ovulated from the first. I'm not sure if I ovulated from that one as well, but I track my BBT, and it didn't start following its usual pattern until the second one went. I thought I was just mistaken about the first and ovulated late until AF showed up just 5 days later :lol: Then it all made sense. Over the last 6 cycles, I alternate between cycles that go exactly as they should, and cycles that do weird things. I think I've got 1 lazy ovary.

Wow thanks! That is exactly want I wanted you know what your talking about! Could it have been implantation pain on the 8th or is that impossible? It was very painful just were my c section scar is not like ovulation or af more like mild labour contractions. Weird but thats the only way to explain it. Thanks. x

If you caught the egg on the 2nd, then the 8th would be 6 days past ovulation. Implantation is normally 7-10 days past, but 6-12 is still normal. It could have been :)

Wow!! Thank you and thanks for taking the time to reply to my message in such detail. I hope that you get your BFP soon but don't give up my first ever BFP at nearly 8 years TTC came out of the blue. I am completely blessed but to fall pregnant first time trying would be too much to wish for I think but it is nice to have the hope still.

Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->