TTCing whilst on Maternity leave - too cheeky?!?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Hi girls, I'm due back at work in September after having my son on Christmas Day. My husband and I have been talking and we are going to start TTCing for number 2 in September but only because this is when I am due back at work.

Would it be too cheeky to possibly go back pregnant (albeit very early, if we started TTCing in June and managed to get lucky before September) or would you leave it until you were at least back at work?

I would be cheeky but that is just me :haha: I have known a couple of women at work who have done this and to be honest my work didn't even bat an eyelid. It just depends on what is right for you.

Your employer might think it's cheeky but there's nothing they can do about it and you would have all the same maternity rights regardless of whether you'd just come back from maternity leave. HTH x

Don't worry about being cheeky. Just worry about leaving enough gap that you'll be able to cope!

I thought about it...I go back in two weeks tho and have decided to wait till May!
Do you qualify for mat leave/pay again if u get pregnant start away

I would only have to work for one day before my next maternity leave starts to qualify. In an ideal world I would get pregnant in Septemeber that way I could have this years hold, then next years hols and then start Mat leave so i could finish work in March on full pay

I agree with Blahblahblah about the coping thing, but if that wat u want, then I'd do it.

I wouldn't worry too much about work chick. Plenty of women go back to work pregnant and even if you left it a bit you're still going to be having the same amount of time off whether it's shortly after you get back or a few years down the line. A woman at my last workplace was only back for about three months before she went on leave again and no one batted an eyelid.

I agree with the above, don't worry about work, they'll get over it :) Do bare in mind though that its best to leave a gap of 18 months between having one baby and getting knocked up with the next. Having said that I'm only leaving 15!

I hope to go back to work pregnant again! Im not worried about work I doubt they will be to bothered! xx

Noodles I'm in the same boat as you :lol: I go back to work in September after having my baby in January. Would prefer to wait till september to start ttc but would love to start earlier if possible. I'm not too bothered about my job as I want to eventually leave after baby no2.

I agree with the above, don't worry about work, they'll get over it :) Do bare in mind though that its best to leave a gap of 18 months between having one baby and getting knocked up with the next. Having said that I'm only leaving 15!

Why do you have to wait 18months?

I wouldn't worry about your work :) Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->