Tubal Pregnancy?

vixi

Reaction score
Does this sound like a tubal pregnancy? I'm really scared and I feel lonely right now, since I don't have full support from my boyfriend.

I've posted a couple of days ago about a possible pregnancy. After exhibiting signs of a pregnancy, yet getting a negative test result, I came here for advice and was told to wait a couple of more days. So I did! It is now Friday morning (12:25am) and I am awake because of fear. I am completely petrified that I might have a tubal pregnancy. That could be the only explanation as to why I have some mild pregnancy symptoms, but a negative test. For almost a week now, I have been cramping. It has been very mild cramping, not even strong enough to indicate a period is on the way. Yet, I haven't had my period. Before all of this, my period has been completely off track. For the last 3-4 months I have been on my period a lot. More on than off! I also have an IUD and I'm pretty sure that is why my period wasn't normal. But Thursday afternoon I had some pretty strong and painful cramping, and they lasted nearly an hour and a half (off and on). After this, I went to the bathroom and noticed very slight bleeding. Only the blood wasn't red or even brown. It was more of a purple-red, or so it looked since it was a very small amount. This struck me as a little odd, but figured I was getting my period. But to my surprise, that was all I ended up discharging. At around 9:00pm or so, I started getting this sharp pain in my lower abdomen. It fluctuates from my left side to my right. But when the pain appears on my right side, it's a lot stronger than when I experience the pain on my left side. And at times, I feel quick sharp pains in my lower back. But also, mainly the sides. The pain in my abdomen is a 2 1/2 - a 3, on a scale from 1-10. The pain on my lower back is a 4.

Does this sound like a tubal pregnancy? If you've had one, please explain to me why this is or isn't one? I know you guys aren't doctors and I do plan to get it checked out, but I'm starting to feel as if maybe I'm "overreacting" and "being paranoid". My boyfriends exact words!

Edit:
The pain in my lower back does happen whenever I'm about to have my period or I'm actually on my period. The thing that makes me worry the most is the pain in my lower abdomen. This has never happened to me before, that I can recall.

I am sorry, I don't know much about tubal pregnancy. What I have heard is that you ususally can't tell until your about 8wks or more, when the egg is growing and it becomes painful. Again I have never experienced this and someone else may be better to offer you some help.

A friend of mine both times she has been pregnant it has never shown up on the home pregnancy kits until she is around 10wks, she has to have a blood test to confirm. every womens body is different.

My advise to you would be, go and get checked out, if there is something wrong, it would be better to catch it early and if all is fine then you can relax. Please Mate go and see your doctor.

Good luck

If you suspect an ectopic then you need to get checked out ASAP!

Couple of the other girls would be able to explain better the signs but will probably echo going to see someone as soon as.

When I had a MC last year I had pain in my lower back for about a week and then I started bleeding a little and then a lot. I only had mild symptoms the whole time. I had my MC at 6 weeks. They say that 50% of pregnancys end in a MC. I was surprised to hear that...it was very devistating for me. If you feel that anything is wrong...just go to a doctor or the ER and they will do an exam an a blood test. They will compare your hcg levels with the ones you got from your doctor to see if the levels have dropped and if they have then that is a MC. However, my friend had bleeding (blood clot type) the first 2 months of pregnancy and it was a blood clot and that is pretty normal also. She ended up having a healthy boy. I'm not sure if she had the cramping associated with it or not. Some women do cramp during pregnancy. Hope this helps a little.

Any pain that makes you curl with pain should be checked out with or without trying for a baby or suspecting pregnancy tbh.

We caught an ectopic pregnancy early. My symptoms were:
light spotting
nothing
a period around the day it would have been due - week 4)
nothing
spotting (week 5 maybe)
positive pregnancy test (as clear as could be) - remember a pregnancy test can detect low hCG levels.

With an ectopic one thing to watch for is servere/sharpshoulder pain.

Sadly back pain and cramps can lead to anything but as I say anything worrying or leaves you in servere pain don't mess around get some medical advice.

This pregnancy - ive had spotting , cramps & abdominal pain :D

Thank you guys all for your friendly and helpful advice. I haven't had my period yet and I'm almost tempted to take another pregnancy test. The pain is still there, but comes and goes. It's never constant, so maybe it isn't as bad as I thought it was?! I'm still going to see my OBG just to be sure. His office is closed over the weekend, so I'll have to call on Monday. That's only about two days away, I really hope that's soon enough. I did try to go to the ER, though. In fact, I drove to the exact hospital that my Dr. works for (which is just the next City down), because he is the only one I trust and feel safe & comfortable with when it comes to my health. After I got there, I noticed that it was almost completely packed. I should have known, since it's Friday night! So I decided that I didn't wanna be there until 6am. Of course, if it gets worse or unbearable, I'll rush back to that hospital and wait as long as I have to. I will keep you all updated, and I hope that if I have any other concerns or just need to vent or talk, that I can come back?! :)

Edit: I have been having some more vaginal discharge today. Like before, it is very little... but it happened three times today. Also like yesterday, it's more of a purple-red than an actual red or even brown. The fact that I have no idea what's going on, adds to my fear. We'll find out soon...

Hey Vixi .. no advice Im afraid as I havent been in your situation but wanted to offer good luck and :hugs:

Of course you are welcome to discuss, rant, ask advice, anything! Thats what we are all here for :hugs:

Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->