Tummy Bug:(

kermie219

Reaction score
Jeez being pregnant is hard work where is my freaking immune system?? I was soo ill today screaming wildy's lol (as my wonderful husband called it) whilst being sick at the same time:( Good thing my midwife is a freaking genious! I folled her advice to the letter and am finally feeling better! 3 days before we are leaving for the states....wonderful! Hope no one else catches it!!!!

My midwife advice was....not eat at all for 12 hours and only take very very small sips of water when neccessary. After the 12 hours reintroduce some water and toast and then tomorrow take Dioralyte. I think her reasoning is to dry out a bit then rehydrate later. The problem with diarehya (probably spelled wrong sorry) is that it can cause preterm labour if it last all day. so drying yourself out will stop that. Anyway I followed her instructions eactly and I feel a lot better....still shaky and weak but I am keeping down liquid now. I started drinking ginger ale at the 12 hour mark by the advice of my mother and it seem to really be helping.

Think i already have!! I know you've told me your MW advice already, but i think you should post it here aswell just incase there is others with the same! xx

i had a 24 hour stomach bug yday was horrid thanx god iam bck to norm
x

There is ahorrible tummy bug going around here - am staying in and well away from everyone, would be just my luck to get it for Christmas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->