Tummy sleeping with an apnoea monitor?

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
Hi all,

Lots of questing this week! During the day I sometimes lie Alexander on his tummy to help with his reflux as I can watch him and he is connected to a hospital apnoea monitor. I'm sure I know the answer but can I lie him this way at night as he is on the apnoea monitor? It's the only way he is totally settled

It complete depends on what you are comfortable with. I'd guess with a monitor it's different, but we didn't allow it. We never had issues with Alex choking on sick as a tot, her head was always to the side and it was loud enough to hear lol.

Sam i would say this is entirely up to you. We were told in all the antenatal info not to put buba on tummy etc however when Ella was born and in NICU for 9 weeks it was on her tummy that the nurses usually put her for her to settle. The other option if your not comfortable is have you tried raising one side of the cot to aid with reflux? As he gets older he'll soon be turning in whatever's most comfortable for him anyway. Ellas now 20months and always sleeps on her tummy so i'd just go with what you feel most comfortable with, hes your lil man at when all is said and done xx

Thanks. His basket is always elevated at one end but tummy is the only way he's comfortable and most of his NICU stay was spent on his tummy. I'm too nervous to do it while I can't watch him constantly!

It depends what your alarm is like, in NICU they are on their tummies to help their head shape, and positioning and digestion. Because they are wired up and under 24/7 care, they can do that.
I probably would if you felt the alarm was reliable enough.I really feel for you though, reflux is hard! Is he on any meds for it? Xxx

He's on omeprazole and gaviscon with the possibility of domperidone if those don't help enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->