tummy time

lil-star

Reaction score
What age to start it? and how long do you do it for each day? He has strong enough neck muscle sometimes but other times he is a floppy boppy

I done it from the very beginning but only for a couple of minutes initially as she wasn't impressed with tummy time. For ages she would only lift her head so she could eat whatever she was lying on!

Alex hated it for months but one day but all just clicked together, shes never off her tummy now, lazy sod. :)

I've started doing it but only for a couple of mins cos he just cries!

ive been doing it for 4 weeks - not every day tho - shes ok with it, sometimes

We started as soon as J could lift his head for a couple of seconds. He quite likes it, and has managed to roll himself over on a few occasions although this is more likely accident than intentional perhaps! We try to do a little bit every day, and also putting some disposable mats down lets him have some time with nappy off too :)

I did it right from the get go, and really strongly feel that it helps sooo much. If you have any issues (crying/doesn't like it) try rolling up a towel or blanket, and placing it cross his chest and underneath his armpits. To give him some extra support.

=)

You are aware that him lying on your chest is also tummy time?

It doesn't have to be in a play mat or the floor ;)

We started it as soon as we got Sophie home, which was 12 weeks old, 6 days before her due date. She absolutely hated it for long enough, and I seriously thought she'd never push up! But just suddenly a few weeks ago she started to push up and then she started rolling a couple of weeks ago and I'm constantly finding her on her tummy now!

She hated tummy time so much at the start that we used to lie her on our chests for her tummy time rather than on her mat because she much prefered that way.

xx

Hmm he has a hernia and doesn't like being on my shoulder, he's not going to enjoy tummy time lol

We also started after his released, 3 weeks past his due date. He also hated it at first. I think what helps is short sessions. The physio explained to start him on his back, extend his arm then using his hips and legs, gently roll him onto his tummy. When he starts getting fussy, tuck his arm in, and again gently roll him back to his, err, back. This way he doesn't get too cranky and I can repeat the process 2-3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->