tummy time

mumtobeoct10

1st trimester
Reaction score
Hey girls we never let lo have tummy time as midwife told us he was able to hold his own head since birth so it was unnecessary now if I put him on hie tummy he screams but he cant lift his head off the bed......

Should I be worried?????

My LO could lift and pretty much control her head at birth but we still give her tummy time. She hates it though so she only lasts a few mins at a time!! but she did her first roll from tummy to back during that time!
Just try it little and often!

My lo used to hate tummy time he can now tolerate it , but only since he has learnt how to roll out of it. He was about 3 months before he could lift his head up steadily and look around though. I wouldnt worry, just keep trying and lieing him on his tummy for very short periods of time xx

i never gave tummy time, Its never done her any harm.
She can now almost sit up, roll etc...

Evan hated it but he also just tolerates it now. Hea starting to roll front to back. Hv said it helps strengthen the neck muscles which aids speech development. But my neice hated it, rarely did it and rolled, crawled and talked fine.

Nolan still does not care for it that is why he is a scooter and not a crawler! :haha: But I did try to do some tummy time everyday, he was sitting unaided around 5 months and rolling about the same time :flower:

Thanks girls..

I was so worried ill try get him 5 mins at a time from now on...... I really dont wanna Di anything to make him slower at progressing x x

Thanks

Well we didn't do much tummy time with dd at all because she hated it so much. She ended up being a bum shuffler and never crawled properly but it's not as if you would be able to tell now!

LO could hold her head up from about 2 weeks. I put her on tummy time around then and she's had no problems. At 7 she's able to sit fairly straight.

Ellie has always had strong neck and head control from birth - put her on her front and she barely lifts her head up of the floor... put her arms out infront of her or with her hands underneath her shoulders and she moves them down by her side and just lies there wiggling her legs lol.. i've done tummy time everyday since she was born and she's never progressed..

I actually mentioned it to the HV and showed her what she's like on her stomach and she said that she's obviously not interested in it and prob won't crawl..

She rolled back to front at just over 3 months.. and can sit unaided for very short amounts of time before wobbing so i'm not too bothered but did worry about it

Leah hated being on her front so I never put her on her front. She rolled over at just over 3 months, crawled and sat up at 5 months and pulled herself up at 6 months so it didn't slow her down. Now she even sleeps on her front. Even if it did slow her down, I wouldn't have minded because she would have got there in the end and it isn't a race.

Tummy time is quite a new thing. My mum said I was never put on my front and I rolled / crawled / walked by 9 months.

funnily enough - i was thinking about posting this today!

my LO hates tummy time, i manage about 1 minute before i give up becuase she gets in a state! she can lift her head up but would rather lift her bum! i feel guilty about not giving her enough but she really really hates it - going by the posts above that seems quite common!

she can sit up pretty straight when held and can keep her head steady for a good while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->