Turned my job into a night job!!

Sarah81

Reaction score
I am due to return to work after 9 months mat leave. I was originally working full-time monday to friday - early morning starts so I finished at 2pm or 3pm in the afternoon. They advertised my job as maternity cover, but have since turned it into a night job and the person covering for me is working nights which obviously I don't want to do!! I want to go back to my original full-time days with the same hours. I feel pretty protective about my job and I don't like the thought of someone else doing it and me being basically pushed out of my department because there isn't a job for me!

Can anyone give me any kind of information about where I stand on this? It's making me feel pretty annoyed!

I'm sure they can't do this, I thought they had to offer you the same job back, no advice hun apart from speak to CAB. I'm sure someone on here will know more too.

Yep, they have to offer you your old job back or something similar.

Speak to your manager? Just because there doing night jobs, doesn't mean you necessarily will.

Thanks both, I've got a meeting with my manager this afternoon so hopefully I'll come back with some good news. Trouble is, if they can't offer me my old job back I know that there aren't any jobs there with the same hours (which I still want) so we'll see how it goes! I'll keep you posted.

:hug:

You have the right to return to work on same hours, pay and working conditions.

Just to update, I've had my meeting and everything was ok! I start back to my original job and hours on Oct 5th. I think they're keeping the night person on aswell anyway so it's all good! Thanks all for your responses! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->