Turning a breech baby, and vbac questions

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this, so apologies if its the wrong place :)

The current situation is that I'm 33 weeks pregnant (ticker is wrong lol.) with an extended breech. My son was breech and born by elective c-section, and both me and my brother were breech and c-sections.

At 20 weeks I saw the registrar in the consultant team (this was before I knew baby was gonna be breech!) and he said it was impossible for me to labour/birth at home, and unlikely I could have a VBAC because I have M.E and would get too tired!!
Anyway, he booked me in for a growth scan at 32 weeks as baby was measuring a little small. I actually saw the consultant this time and what a difference!! Granted there was little she could do there and then, but she has booked me a scan for 36 weeks and said if baby is still breech they will try and turn her at 37 weeks. If this works, she said she won't need to see me again and I can labour as normal. If this doesn't work she said I "can" go ahead and have a breech vbac but there are risks involved. She said most people in my situation choose the elective c-section, but she will give me the option if its suitable once it gets to that point.

So... I am desperate to get this baby to turn!! My doula told me about something called moxibustion, and I've ordered some sticks off ebay so I can try this at home. My worry is that with breech running in my family I might not have much hope of turning her :(

Are there are any other techniques that are actually proven to work? I have been doing a massage techniquee, breech tilt, and another positioning technique off the spinning babies website. I am reluctant to pay out a lot for treatments from a chirpractorn (or whoever lol) as I can't really afford it and theres no garuntee.

Also, does anyone know (or can point me in the right direction to find out) the ACTUAL risks of having a breech VBAC? I should have asked the consultant in more detail but the appointment was very quick and I had so many questions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading x

My prenatal yoga instructor just recommended this site to me: https://www.spinningbabies.com

Her BFF successfully flipped her breech baby at 34 weeks using tips from this site. Good luck hun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->