TV time?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by Ashley8806, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Ashley8806

Ashley8806 Well-Known Member

First off just wanted to say hello! I have been around the pregnancy forumns and now the baby club, but haven't managed to make it here yet.

I have a question for mommys of 3-4 year olds. My daughter recently discovered PBS, a station with educational cartoons. She has learned A LOT from the cartoons, but I feel she is watching way too many a day. How much tv time do you give your little ones?

2. rosie272

rosie272 mum to charlie finn

Charlie gets around an hour a day including his Wiggles DVD - or a bit more at weekends depending on what we're doing. I've found he does pick up/copy stuff from telly so I have to be careful with what he's watching :flow:

3. RachA

RachA Well-Known Member

Hi :)

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I don't actually allocated any tv time for them. Maybe once a week DS watches a dvd for between 10 and 60 min. I would say that once a week is probably generous - maybe once every 2 weeks.

For me the most time i would allow my lo's would be 30min per day.

4. Ashley8806

Yeah sometimes we have movie night on the weekends so I don't really count that, just on a daily basis. If I let her she could sit in front of the tv all day lol but I don't

5. Ashley8806

6. Dream.dream

Dream.dream SAHM to 2 beautiful boys

before 2 there isnt supposed to be any tv, however from 2 on ward the reccomendation is no more then 2 hours daily. personally my son isnt aloud to watch tv every day and when he does its not more then an hour. tv even if they say its educational is still not great for cihldrens brains. it hyperstimulated them because theres so much going on and changing so often that they can actually be unable to be entertain by imanginative play or readding and things over time if they watch to much.