TW snacks for 7 month old?

xxembobxx

Reaction score
Will is 29 weeks (almost 7 months) and loves his food :munch:
I am traditionally weaning and starting to introduce more lumpy food. Usual day:
He wakes at 7am and I bf. 9am he has weetabix and bf.
12pm he has lunch and pudding and about 4oz ff.
3pm is bf then 5pm he has dinner and pudding and bf.
8pm is approx 7oz ff then bf at bedtime (9:30pm)

I don't give him snacks in between and wondered (1) should I introduce them or wait a little longer? and (2) when I give snacks - what can I give him?
I would prefer low fat snacks as although I think he is perfectly in proportion (not half as chubby as my other kids were!) he is on the 95th-98th percentile on the weight chart :wacko:

I haven't hit the snack stage yet, but I'm thinking soft cooked pieces of fruit would be good. One of my friends gives her son small pieces of tofu rolled in wheat germ or cheerio crumbs and small pieces of pita with homemade hummous (light on the garlic).

Hi,
The Annabel Karmel books are good and have a lot of snack suggestions. I am going to try my Lo with sticks of cooked carrot, apple and fingers of toast. He is 7 months old today. I've just started him on lumpier food too, it's scary at first cause i thought he was going to choke on his chicken this afternoon!!!.
I'm giving him broccoli for tea..... yum yum....not!!!. :)

My LO is only just turned 6 months but for snacks I usually give yoghurts, fruits or toast at the moment.

My LO loves Organix carrot sticks and there rice cakes :)

x x x x

My LO wont eat fruit and doesnt really like yoghurt, so for snacks, when I give them (not everyday) I give her a few of the Organix crisps, rice cakes, half a piece of brown bread with cheese spread on, cucumber, Ellas Kitchen Milk and Vanilla Cookies,softened breadsticks and sometimes toast.

I don't give snakes between meals yet, as he still has 3 bottles a day between his meals. But I find bread sticks are great, as are rice cakes, crumpets, pitta bread and anything from the Orgainix finger food range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->