Twins again?

L

Lost7

Firstly, I've never had a BFP before AF is due, except for my Twins and their BFP came at 10DPO.
This time around - My BFP was 9DPO, PM and at 10:30pm.

I tested on Saturday (9DPO) and got a BFP (well, several :haha:) Clearblue Digital said 1-2.

Only TWO days later it's now 2-3. At the very most I am 11-13DPO.

My beta is already above 153.

My Twins are Fraternal, I released two eggs for that particular cycle. They are 6 years old in only 2/3 weeks time (St Valentines Day).

I know my chances of another twin pregnancy is higher than everyone whose only had singletons, but does anyone know the actual %'s? I've had a quick look this morning online but I'm not finding anything really, especially for UK statistics.

What do you ladies think? Check out my pregnancy journal for BFP Pics / dye strengths etc. :)

I'm not sure how it works but congratulations and fingers crossed for your rainbow baby :hugs:

Hi! This is my second pregnancy and I got my bfp at what I thought was 10dpo. I charted my temps and according to that I was only 10 dpo. Did bloodwork at 11dpo and my hcg was already 157!! so i'm with you! I have a feeling its twins weirdly enough but i'm hoping my Ovulation date was a bit earlier hence the high hcg and that I was actually 14dpo when I did my bloods which would make more sense.

I have read though that some people have really high hcg even with singleton pregnancies so only an ultrasound can confirm twins! But just like you, i'm wondering if it might be.....

This website was an interesting one and it showed hcg levels for singletons, twins etc.

take a look www.betabase.info

I come from a family of twins. I tested positive SUPER early so I was sure it was twins. But it's just one. Kind of relieved actually XD

I got my BFP at 8 DPO.

My betas were 98 at 11 DPO and they had more than tripled in 48 hrs. I was so worried it was twins. Lol I have 3 children already. I'm now 10 weeks pregnant, and scan showed just 1 baby at 7 weeks. PHEW!

I told my midwife as she prepared to do the scan that I was hoping for exactly one healthy heartbeat, no more, no less lol.

I already had 3 children when I was BLESSED with my Twins. I now have 6 children, and regardless of 1, 2, 5 or 6 babies that are in there, I don't care as long as they are healthy, having had a daughter born with a CHD that is what's most important, to me.

my friend has 1 year old twins. she went in at 16 dpo to confirm her pregnancy with blood test after her faint positive at 15dpo, and the blood test didn't even register as positive because her beta was under 25... they told her she wasn't pregnant LOL. at 16 weeks she went in and there were 2 baby girls!

so, hcg isn't a great predictor of twins. you can have low betas with twins, and high betas with singletons. the better indicator are progesterone levels :thumbup:

my friend has 1 year old twins. she went in at 16 dpo to confirm her pregnancy with blood test after her faint positive at 15dpo, and the blood test didn't even register as positive because her beta was under 25... they told her she wasn't pregnant LOL. at 16 weeks she went in and there were 2 baby girls!

so, hcg isn't a great predictor of twins. you can have low betas with twins, and high betas with singletons. the better indicator are progesterone levels :thumbup:

Given I have a progesterone deficiency that's in the pipeline, when they can sort their fingers out their butts :shrug: :haha:

What kind of progesterone levels are for a singleton as opposed to twins? I have no idea, I only found out about my progesterone deficiency with last Marchs' loss!

twin progesterone levels are usually in the 100's.. singletons are usually 50s and below

Scan tomorrow so hopefully might see.
If not I'm demanding those tests. My last progesterone was 10, that's of a woman who hadn't ovulated. No wonder I keep miscarrying. This needs sorting and now!

Wish me luck for tomorrow. Hope we see baby, even if baby is a tiny dark circle. (I've been googling lol)....

Scan tomorrow so hopefully might see.
If not I'm demanding those tests. My last progesterone was 10, that's of a woman who hadn't ovulated. No wonder I keep miscarrying. This needs sorting and now!

Wish me luck for tomorrow. Hope we see baby, even if baby is a tiny dark circle. (I've been googling lol)....

i hope everything goes great with this pregnancy! personally, i would not be disappointed if you didn't see anything. you are extremely early. i had a scan at 4 weeks 2 days and there was nothing to see besides a thick endometrial lining and the corpus luteum cyst. prayers for a healthy 9 months!

I already had 3 children when I was BLESSED with my Twins. I now have 6 children, and regardless of 1, 2, 5 or 6 babies that are in there, I don't care as long as they are healthy, having had a daughter born with a CHD that is what's most important, to me.

I am glad you are happy with whatever you are blessed with. Everyone's circumstances are different, even if one or a few things are similar. Congrats to you!

what CHD? my first baby was born with a CHD- total anomalous pulmonary venous return. open heart surgery at a day old!

To be quite honest, as long as they can see a tiny white dot in my womb, I don't really care. I had so many ectopic worries with my second to last MC.

I know it's way too early for a heartbeat.

She was born with Tetralogy of Fallot. It was not diagnosed through the pregnancy despite a large number of ultrasounds. Diagnosed at 5 months old, 3 days before her First Christmas. Operated on at 8 months old. 6 hours in Theature, came back to us on Life Support and a day after surgery nearly passed before my very eyes. Machines went crazy, doctors rushed over and pushed us - literally out of the way.
She's 7 now and has to have more surgery in the future.

To be quite honest, as long as they can see a tiny white dot in my womb, I don't really care. I had so many ectopic worries with my second to last MC.

I know it's way too early for a heartbeat.

She was born with Tetralogy of Fallot. It was not diagnosed through the pregnancy despite a large number of ultrasounds. Diagnosed at 5 months old, 3 days before her First Christmas. Operated on at 8 months old. 6 hours in Theature, came back to us on Life Support and a day after surgery nearly passed before my very eyes. Machines went crazy, doctors rushed over and pushed us - literally out of the way.
She's 7 now and has to have more surgery in the future.

oh wow! i'm glad she is okay now. TOF is a tricky one, as is my son's because his wasn't diagnosed prenatally either, despite many ultrasounds. you should join "heart mamas" on facebook if you're already not a part of it... pm me if you want :flower:

Ohhh I might just do that. Although it depends on who runs it... :shrug:
Because I went to the papers to raise awareness some ''Heart mums'' called me a 'Media S**t''... sighs! I organised 'wear red' days for her nursery and donated £250 for The British Heart Foundation and Bristol Childrens Hospital which is where she had surgery. Her consultant is now a Professor!

Ohhh I might just do that. Although it depends on who runs it... :shrug:
Because I went to the papers to raise awareness some ''Heart mums'' called me a 'Media S**t''... sighs! I organised 'wear red' days for her nursery and donated £250 for The British Heart Foundation and Bristol Childrens Hospital which is where she had surgery. Her consultant is now a Professor!

no, it's not "heart mums." the one i'm in, "heart mamas," is a US based group, but all our welcome. we have people from everywhere across the globe. a wonderful group of ladies.

Group is secret, I can't find it. I looked for Heart Mamas. :lol: I did my bit for awareness but logging my daughters journeys, from diagnosis, surgery, 1st birthday and plenty of awareness videos for YouTube. Even had medical students congratulate me on my videos! :D

Hi! This is my second pregnancy and I got my bfp at what I thought was 10dpo. I charted my temps and according to that I was only 10 dpo. Did bloodwork at 11dpo and my hcg was already 157!! so i'm with you! I have a feeling its twins weirdly enough but i'm hoping my Ovulation date was a bit earlier hence the high hcg and that I was actually 14dpo when I did my bloods which would make more sense.

I have read though that some people have really high hcg even with singleton pregnancies so only an ultrasound can confirm twins! But just like you, i'm wondering if it might be.....

This website was an interesting one and it showed hcg levels for singletons, twins etc.

take a look www.betabase.info

I got my BFP at 10 dpo, but I haven't had bloodwork or a scan yet, so I'm interested to see, too! Twins run in my family, I'm over 30, and I have a feeling it could be! But we'll see :thumbup: Good luck to all of you! :dust:

I match most of the criteria and until I had twins 6 years ago I didn't have them in my family. Now I've had one set I am highly likely to get them again! :haha:

So excited but nervous to sleep! :lol: :haha:

Hope to post a picture on my Journal tomorrow if anyone is visible! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"