Twins....anyone?

Well DH said he would be very happy if I was to have twins, triplets or even quads :D

He's just popped out to pick up some dog food and brought back Ben & Jerrys as it is half price (at Tescos for all the UK ladies). I think he may want a multiple birth :D

What a sweet, loving, fun gesture! :hugs:

He is sweet. He did hand it over and say "if we have 2 boys we can call them Ben & Jerry" :rofl:

Macwooly your husband is hilarious! :rofl:

Macwooly - that story is so funny!

The only thing about twins that scares me (well, not scare really) is that they would be same sex. I'd really like boy/girl. I want a girl, but I want him to have a boy. So, if we had two of the same sex, then I'd probably end up trying for a third, and I really only want two kids. LOL

BUT, at the same time, I'll take what I can get!

Well DH said he would be very happy if I was to have twins, triplets or even quads :D

He's just popped out to pick up some dog food and brought back Ben & Jerrys as it is half price (at Tescos for all the UK ladies). I think he may want a multiple birth :D

What a sweet, loving, fun gesture! :hugs:

He is sweet. He did hand it over and say "if we have 2 boys we can call them Ben & Jerry" :rofl:

this is so sweet and funny!!

I work from home and hubby works out of the home 3 days a week so I think we could cope.

That sounds ideal...My DH travels all the time...I don't think I could cope on my own...

yes, mine will be traveling quite a bit next year too, plus, as you said, we also have no family around so i don't know how/if i could cope.

At the moment mine is contracted to work from home but his work is such that it means sometimes he is home all week, sometimes a day or 2 in the week or occasionally he's away 5 days of the week. When I first met him he spent 2 years working in Portsmouth from Monday to Friday and was only home at the weekend but always shattered as his job routinely requires night shifts.

I suppose if he needs to work away I will then be grateful the in laws are only 5 minutes up the road but thankfully I could probably get my mum to come over and stay with me to help out :thumbup:

We're all strong women so I think we'll cope with whatever blessings of children we are given :thumbup:

The only thing about twins that scares me (well, not scare really) is that they would be same sex.

don't worry shelley, the type of twins the article is talking about is non-identical (fraternal) twins, so you could still have a boy and girl! :thumbup:

as far as i know, you cannot increase the chances of having identical twins.

another piece of info: the ones that are inherited (run in families) are the non-identical twins, and it only matters if the twins are in the maternal side (as it's the woman ovulating twice, so the father has no effect in this).
although there are reports of cases of identical twins in the same family, there is no scientific evidence of a genetic cause.

ruth - do you know ruth if the twins in your town were identical or fraternal? i'd love to search for that info.
(yes, i work on something related to this) :blush:

hehe ppssshhh ladies - its a walk in the park OF COURSE you could do it lol

Wellll my sister was 32 when she conceived her b/g frats and I was 36 when I conceived my frat boys. Identical twins are a fluke of nature but non id's arent they run along the female line.

I had a really easy pregnancy and the boys were induced at nearly 38 weeks. I dont know how it compares to a singleton pregnancy/newborn as i have never had one. BUT I do often think how the &&&& do people cope with triplets????

oohh as for the checks - my BMI was 24 when I conceived bu everything else apart from yams is true. I also fell pregnant in the first months of trying. I was also told its more likely to conceive twins if you have just come off the pill - which I had.

Lots and lots of good luck vibes ladies xxxxxxxxxxx

don't worry shelley, the type of twins the article is talking about is non-identical (fraternal) twins, so you could still have a boy and girl! :thumbup:

another piece of info: the ones that are inherited (run in families) are the non-identical twins, and it only matters if the twins are in the maternal side (as it's the woman ovulating twice, so the father has no effect in this).
although there are reports of cases of identical twins in the same family, there is no scientific evidence of a genetic cause.

Well, the twins in my family came from one of my grandmother's sisters (my great aunt) and they were boy/girl. So, that's a good sign I guess! No one else in my family has any.

I've also always heard (probably an old wive's tale) that hereditary twins skip a generation? Has anyone else heard that? If that's true, then it would be me and my cousins who would have popped out a set. EVERYONE but me has had children, sooooo...... LOL

ps my nan had twins and then six more children - none of the 8 had twins and in the next generation (all 6 surviving children had at least two) only me and my sister had twins.

My mum has twins running on her mother and father's sides but she was an only child and she's not had twins so maybe I'll get twins or my triplets after all :thumbup:

The only thing about twins that scares me (well, not scare really) is that they would be same sex.

ruth - do you know ruth if the twins in your town were identical or fraternal? i'd love to search for that info.

They were identical. It was getting to the stage when they thought that perhaps there was something in the water!

Well, the twins in my family came from one of my grandmother's sisters (my great aunt) and they were boy/girl. So, that's a good sign I guess! No one else in my family has any.

I've also always heard (probably an old wive's tale) that hereditary twins skip a generation? Has anyone else heard that? If that's true, then it would be me and my cousins who would have popped out a set. EVERYONE but me has had children, sooooo...... LOL

i think the idea comes from the fact that men are unaffected, so if a woman has twin boys they will not have twins but their daughters (the granddaughters) may have them.

vicky - i love the picture of you with your new born twins!

My mum has twins running on her mother and father's sides but she was an only child and she's not had twins so maybe I'll get twins or my triplets after all :thumbup:

so it looks like you have good chances!
come on ben & jerry!!:winkwink:

They were identical. It was getting to the stage when they thought that perhaps there was something in the water!

that's really interesting. where was this?

Ohh oh - my mum is a twin, she has a twin brother....

Part of me is terrified about having twins, its hard on the pregnancy and 2 babies would seriously hard work! My close friend has twins and her husband works away from home and she found it seriously hard when they were babies. The other part of me would love twins, I would be done and dusted in one go! A little tiny bit of me would like to spend the time on just one baby though, undivided attention. But hey whatever is in there is welcome.

Do you get worse morning sickness with twins? Mine started yesterday and the last 2 days have been pretty hard to survive :( All worth it in the end but feeling ill is certainly taking the shine off!

ps my nan had twins and then six more children - none of the 8 had twins and in the next generation (all 6 surviving children had at least two) only me and my sister had twins.

Your twins are absolutely adorable! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"