Twins-one has 5.5 nuchal translucency...

I don't blame you for being scared and confused. It does sound like numbers wise not doing the amnio makes sense but that leaves you not knowing which is stressful. If you do want to take more action I guess the question would be if you can accept the risk and if something did happen to one or both babies could you accept that you were only making the best choices you could at the time or would you always blame yourself? Honestly I don't think I would ever forgive myself but that is just a personal feeling. I am not saying that is how you should feel.

Have you considered an amnio later in pregnancy? Like that you could still find out and be prepared before the birth but if something went wrong it would mean an earlier birth rather than a MC. I don't know how practical that would be but might be something to ask about?

I completely understand, no need to apologize. Are there any other markers for the other abnormalities? There may be nothing else to worry about, except perhaps a heart issue which can most likely be fixed. You could also request another ultrasound in a week or two and see how things are progressing. They may be resolving on their own.

It must be so difficult for you right now. Is it possible to wait until after you have the ultrasound of the heart to have the amnio? If termination isn't an option for you, and you don't want to be taking risks but want to know maybe that's the way around it. If the next ultrasound shows anything major or shows more markers perhaps you could THEN consider having the amnio done. You have plenty of time to make decisions so take your time and weigh up every option available to you.

They can tell a lot from a scan. When DS had a large NT measurement at 13 weeks the doctor did say that from the NT alone there was a high chance of something being wrong but there were no other markers that showed on the scan. He said that it would be unusual for a detailed scan not to pick up other markers if there was a serious genetic condition. He said that it was still posible for it to be a milder form of a genetic condition that didn't involve major health issues. Thankfully DS is fine and there is no explication for the large NT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->