Twins?!? (Pic of ultrasound)

Due_7_17_19

Reaction score
So I went in for my 7 week appt and got an ultrasound and was told everything looked great and I saw and heard the heartbeat. Woo Hoo! This is my third pregnancy and I know people say your body acts differently when it “knows what to do” but I’m an obligate belly sleeper at night and I was able to sleep on my belly until the third trimester with my first two but now at just 9 weeks I absolutely cant. I’m also showing already, which I didn’t until month 5 with my first two. I’m wondering now if it’s possible they missed a twin. Looking now at my ultrasound I’m wondering what the pocket is in the upper left of my ultrasound. And after my obsessive night time googling (always a bad idea) I’m finding pictures of confirmed twins that look just like mine! My next appt isn’t until Dec 27. My US is the one in the middle in the photo and my appt/scan was done by the nurse practitioner and not the doctor (which shouldn’t make a difference but who knows!)

What do you think? Is it possible they missed a twin? What else could that pocket be?

0AEC9600-DCB2-4882-B972-6DF4B81B2921.jpeg

Hm yeah that does look a bit odd to me. I'm wondering myself now

I think that if you are able to distinctly see it then the individual that did the ultrasound did as well, so its doubtful they would have missed it. I have never had a DR do my ultrasounds has always been a technician. I have heard that twins are normally only missed when one is behind the other.

I think that if you are able to distinctly see it then the individual that did the ultrasound did as well, so its doubtful they would have missed it. I have never had a DR do my ultrasounds has always been a technician. I have heard that twins are normally only missed when one is behind the other.

It’s usually the midwives or the dr that do it in my office but they were out for a delivery for my appt this time. It really could be the bladder now that I’m googling it- they look the exact same! This is going to be a long wait lol

I think it's your bladder like pp stated, doesn't have the ring around it as well if you look at the 2 one with the lil peanut has the ring arounf it the other doesn't. Congratulations though!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->