Twins?!!!

ashleysheaw

Reaction score
I went in for my first appointment yesterday im 5 weeks. After left and started looking it seems like there are two sacs. Just wanting opinions thank you.

Without seeing a picture it's hard to give an opinion, but most likely it is nothing. The ultrasound tech would have noted that there were two sacs if that's what it was. They're trained to do this job and know what to look for. Seeing another "blob" on the ultrasound could be any number of things that isn't a second baby.

Its very difficult to comment without seeing the picture... I went for a scan at 5w5d and I saw two distinct sacs, confirmed as twins, second scan, two bigger sacs and heartbeats and latest scans two very obvious beans with heartbeats. Your tech will tell you as well as they see many of these.

Hello

I am new to this, I have never been on a forum before.

I have a 7 year old boy, a 5 year old girl, a 5 1/2 month old baby boy and I am 9 weeks pregnant again. I went for an ultrasound at 6 weeks and when I look at the one and only picture that I had to beg for, I see two! I would like to post a photo but I am unsure of how to do that...
I believe maybe my photo is too large? I don't know how to change that.

Hope this works. Please let me know if you think it is twins.

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC00713.jpg
    DSC00713.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 48
If you think about it, when the tech is doing your ultrasound they look this way, that way, move the probe around and get all different angles. Chances of them missing a second pregnancy, which they then manage to get a picture of are pretty slim and if it did happen they really shouldn't be practising.

There are stories about tech's missing a second baby on a scan so it does happen, but they don't get a picture of the second pregnancy, give it to the mum and STILL miss it!!

I had a scan this morning and they saw twins. It was immediately obvious and the sacs were seen together from lots of different angles. The tech measured them separately.

The tech would not say anything to me and also wouldn't let me see the screen. I had to go back after and beg the secretaries to get the tech to go back into my file to print the picture. I also have not heard from my doctor, so I know nothing at all! Pointless to have even had this ultrasound, really.

What is the other black spot that looks nearly the same? I have had lots of ultrasounds between my three other pregnancies and have never seen any "extra" black spots. It seems to have the same white lining around the outside and the same rice like thing that is the baby...

I have a 12 week ultrasound booked at the hospital that should clear things up.

Thanks for your opinions :)

Hope this works. Please let me know if you think it is twins.

Thank you!

That looks like just one baby to me click here for a picture of my 5 week scan, twins are very obvious, scroll down as the picture is towards the end

Definitely just one. I've had loads of scans that look that way for various reasons. Small implantation bleeds, cysts, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->