Twins?

LALSmith

Reaction score
Hey expectant mummies! Haven’t used this site for over 4 years now (since DS was born) but I’m back again as 5w5d pregnant with our 3rd.

Now I know this question is probably wondered a lot in early pregnancy & I know I won’t know until the scan but I’m just curious as to other ladies experiences. As you can see from my picture this was my testing timeline. Has anyone else had a positive 11 days (17 days after last AF) before AF & it just be one baby? I just have this niggling “what if” feeling. We’d love twins & they do run in both our families so it’s certainly possible but I’m just curious as to anyone else who’s had such an early positive & what the outcome was?

Many Thanks in advance

941D8486-359F-4C52-9BB2-1C0DD7524EE6.jpeg

Were you tracking ovulation?

I got a strong positive 6 days before af with my eldest child x

I'd think that your progression between 11 days before and 6 days before would look very differently if you were having multiples.
Will you be having an early scan?
Congratulations!!!!

I'd think that your progression between 11 days before and 6 days before would look very differently if you were having multiples.
Will you be having an early scan?
Congratulations!!!!

Yeah that’s true!

No, no early scan. First appointment booked with midwife at 9w2d & if I feel really large then or still have this “what if” feeling then I might mention it but I think the larger part of me just thinks I’m being silly so will probably say nothing & just wait till usual dating scan :)

Were you tracking ovulation?

I got a strong positive 6 days before af with my eldest child x

Not properly as we’d literally started trying that month so I waited for AF to end, ordered some OPKs & they arrived a couple days later so thought it was to soon do start using them. I did do my first one on CD11 just to see what happened as I’d never used them & a second line did show but wasn’t sure if it was positive or not. I did some a week or so later & the line just decreased & eventually went completely so it’s possible I did just ovulate early ?

I had a weird dream we were having twins (they run in my family too) it was so vivid I woke up and told my husband I was sure it was going to be twins and had that same niggly 'what if' feeling, but we went for an early scan yesterday at 8+1 and there is definitely just one baby in there!

I had a weird dream we were having twins (they run in my family too) it was so vivid I woke up and told my husband I was sure it was going to be twins and had that same niggly 'what if' feeling, but we went for an early scan yesterday at 8+1 and there is definitely just one baby in there!

It’s annoying as I almost know I’m just being silly but have the annoying little devil on my shoulder making me doubt my sanity lol. I think I need to put these thoughts to the back of my mind & tell myself it’ll only be one baby & stop overthinking everything lol

You may have ovulated early I guess - I think after implantation it takes a couple of days to get a positive and fertilisation and the journey down to the uterus and implantation takes a couple of days. I don’t think you could get a positive at 3dpo. I have heard of vvvfl at 6 and definitely 7 dpo.

Good luck!

I got a strong positive at 7dpo and I am carrying twins. Having said that, it doesn't always mean twins if you get an early bfp. It could just mean your dates are a bit off or you ovulated and implanted early. Good luck x

Good luck!! I hope you get your wish!!

:dust:

Btw, twins running in your husband's family doesn't really make a difference for whether or not you're going to have twins. It really matters if it runs in your side of the family, which you said it does. It has nothing to do with his sperm and everything to do with how many eggs you ovulate in a cycle.

Hey expectant mummies! Haven’t used this site for over 4 years now (since DS was born) but I’m back again as 5w5d pregnant with our 3rd.

Now I know this question is probably wondered a lot in early pregnancy & I know I won’t know until the scan but I’m just curious as to other ladies experiences. As you can see from my picture this was my testing timeline. Has anyone else had a positive 11 days (17 days after last AF) before AF & it just be one baby? I just have this niggling “what if” feeling. We’d love twins & they do run in both our families so it’s certainly possible but I’m just curious as to anyone else who’s had such an early positive & what the outcome was?

Many Thanks in advance

View attachment 1046860

Hi I got a positive about 10/11 days after the end of what i “thought” was Af. But it turned out i was pregnant all along. I had a very heavy 5 day bleed full of clots which i assumed was af and stopped testing. I then did opk as my boobs were very sore on cd10 and had 4 days of postive opks and when i googled it it could mean bfp so i dipped my wee and there they were Bfps with 2-3 on clearblue. It appears i may have been pregnant with twins and lost one. Is it possible that u ovulated late and implanted late? Xx

Thanks ladies! I’m still unsure. This pregnancy is deff different to my first 2. Constant nausea (feels like a perminant hangover!), I have a least an hour or 2 nap a day which is never usually do. Already growing quite rapidly but then this is my 3rd so could just be that! I’ve Had 2 dreams it was twins but again I still have that part of me that thinks “no your just being stupid”. I haven’t got my first appointment until the 29th November so I guess I’ll just wait until that appointment & see if midwife notices anything lol. Probably a simple case of ovulating earlier !

I got a strong positive at 7dpo and I am carrying twins. Having said that, it doesn't always mean twins if you get an early bfp. It could just mean your dates are a bit off or you ovulated and implanted early. Good luck x

What were your other symptoms if you don’t mind me asking ? We’re they natural ? Did you find out early or at dating scan? Sorry for all the questions lol xx

Hi there.

I’m currently pregnant with twins. I got a faint positive at 10dpo and my hcg levels were quite low, however they were almost tripling rather than doubling. I had a dating scan at around the 5 week mark and only saw one gestational sac. A week later there were clearly two sacs visible, both with fetal poles and heartbeats. My symptoms kicked in early. Can’t say if they were stronger as I’ve never suffered from ms with my singletons. But they did last well into the second trimester.
Good luck at your appointment, will be interesting to see what the midwife says.

Hi there.

I’m currently pregnant with twins. I got a faint positive at 10dpo and my hcg levels were quite low, however they were almost tripling rather than doubling. I had a dating scan at around the 5 week mark and only saw one gestational sac. A week later there were clearly two sacs visible, both with fetal poles and heartbeats. My symptoms kicked in early. Can’t say if they were stronger as I’ve never suffered from ms with my singletons. But they did last well into the second trimester.
Good luck at your appointment, will be interesting to see what the midwife says.

Thank you for your reply! I’ve had symptoms from being even having it confirmed via test! I even threw up at about week 3 & I’m NEVER sick. Boobs have hurt so much since then too! It’s just all these things that make me think hmm it’s possible?! At the minute it’s hunger & tiredness! I can eat & still feel empty!

These were my tests from 9 and 10 dpo. The day I found out my best friend called me to tell me she had a dream the night before that she came to visit me to see the babies.(we live in different states) and later that evening I took a test for the heck of it and got the top positive at 9 dpo around 7 PM and then 24 hours later got the bottom one. So now I'm wondering about myself too

20181121_052930.jpg

Thank you for your reply! I’ve had symptoms from being even having it confirmed via test! I even threw up at about week 3 & I’m NEVER sick. Boobs have hurt so much since then too! It’s just all these things that make me think hmm it’s possible?! At the minute it’s hunger & tiredness! I can eat & still feel empty!
This post has made me laugh as I am in the same position!!

BFP last Monday and I am either 8/10 weeks I don’t know ‍♀️ but have the same feeling that it may be twins mainly because my MS has been so bad and I didn’t have any with DD. I haven’t had my midwife appt yet or date for scan. I was contemplating having private scan but will wait. My husband is a twin and being an older mum chances increase.
Like you though no other reason to think it’s twins other than I do!!!

This post has made me laugh as I am in the same position!!

BFP last Monday and I am either 8/10 weeks I don’t know ‍♀️ but have the same feeling that it may be twins mainly because my MS has been so bad and I didn’t have any with DD. I haven’t had my midwife appt yet or date for scan. I was contemplating having private scan but will wait. My husband is a twin and being an older mum chances increase.
Like you though no other reason to think it’s twins other than I do!!!

Haha! I’m yet to find out. Got my first midwife appointment a week today so I’ll see if she feels my tummy at all & nofices anything different. Im more unsure now though as my symptoms seem to have died down a bit! Still feel a bit dodgy on an evening but not half as tired as I have been so now I’m thinking oh maybe it is only the one! When I’ve looked at chances of having twins I tick practically every box -

Over 30
Bmi classes me as overweight even though I’m only 11 stone (5”4) lol
Family history of twins on both sides
This will be 5th pregnancy
Have carried twins before

So chances are higher but it’s more than likely still only 1 haha

I have twins and didn’t really have anything different to my other pregnancies, my mum has no twins on her side of the family but my dad had 2 sets and all his brother also have 1 set each. I’m the only female to have had twins, I had one set 6 years ago which resulted in vanishing twin but a healthy boy and then my now 3 year olds boy/girl twin. I found at an early scan at 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->