Twitchy/restless legs

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Skye1, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Skye1

Skye1 Well-Known Member

ANyone else get this ?

It's driving me insane, the last two days it feels like I can't keep my legs still, a really odd feeling I can't describe properly ..

2. UkCath

UkCath Well-Known Member

I had this so bad when my ferrition levels were low. Like inching in my joints and a real need to keep moving my legs...

3. babybear75

babybear75 Well-Known Member

i have this every night while i sit on the sofa. i normally find a change of position or going to bed does the trick for me x it is not a nice feeling!

4. welshcowgirl

welshcowgirl mum to 3 ds and pg

i get this when im really tired, its drives me mad, the only cure is to go to sleep. x

5. camerashy

camerashy Well-Known Member

i get this sometimes when lying in bed

6. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

I had this from about 6 months in my first pregnancy, but touch wood not had it yet this pregnancy. I had to get up every night in early hours and go and do cleaning or watch dvd's as I just didn't want to be still. It was a very annoying feeling and I fully sympathise with you x x

7. eva2010

eva2010 Well-Known Member

I sympathise!!!!! I started get restless legs around the time of my 20 week scan and they got worse and worse, lasting for hours in the evening - my OH started going to sleep in our spare room as I kept kicking him by accident into the wee hours! There was no chance of me sleeping through it or ignoring it so I looked up stuff on the internet.

It drove me nuts, but since I started taking iron (100mg) a day (my iron was 10.6) and eating more magnesium (peanut butter!) they've eased alot.

good luck girls, hope you don't suffer to much with them!

xxx

8. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

I had restless legs before I was pregnant, pregnancy cured it up until a few weeks ago and now its back! Just some nights the urge to stretch and move my legs is keeping me awake for hours. Its meant to be down to low iron levels but mine are super high! Another theory is that its fluid accumulating within the joints which causes the body to require moving to shift it.

9. lovesexy

lovesexy Well-Known Member

I have had this in all 3 of my pregnancies, really really bad. I am up most of the night either cleaning or reading or walking about. I am at my wits end with it and spend nearly every night in tears cos I am soo tired.
    I have a 2 year old to look after so I can't even rest during the day.
    I was advised to try Magnesium oil spray which worked for a few weeks but has stopped. I have also started taking a homeopathic remedy zinc met 30c so I hope this works..

10. aileymouse

aileymouse Mummy to Amber & Georgia

I get it too, it bugs the hell out of me. Had it in my last pregnancy too.

11. MarylandGirl

MarylandGirl Well-Known Member

I'm having this too (right now, in fact!) I've been taking a magnesium supplement to help ward off migraines, so I don't think it's a magnesium thing. I do sometimes forget to take my iron pills (like today...hm...) so maybe it's that.