Two middle names

I like it on boys, but am not a fan on girls because then if they choose to take their maiden name as a middle name when they get married they would have ridiculously long names. :)

Doesn't bother me either way! :shrug: Up to the parents how many middle names they want to use, and to be honest we don't use our middle name(s) in day to day context really!

I voted no. DH has two and he's not a fan. Pain when your filling in paperwork etc ha ha. DS doesn't have any.

I voted indifferent because this bubs is going to have 2 middle names (a compromise based on the fact OH outright chose one of them so I'm choosing the other!) but I won't necessarily do it for any future children. I think it depends on the flow of the names, reasons for choosing them etc. It's totally personal choice. I think more than 3 is a bit too much though. But there's the rule of 3 for a reason! :)

My two youngest both have two middle names. All middle names are family names which is why they were chosen. In 3 generations of my family everyone has a family name as a middle name!

I like it on boys, but am not a fan on girls because then if they choose to take their maiden name as a middle name when they get married they would have ridiculously long names. :)

Why would a girl not just keep their own name? Or why wouldn't a boy possibly take his wife's name? Sorry, being pedantic but your post struck me as a bit old fashioned! BTW I LOVE your LOs name!

OP, my DDs both have two middle names because I am greedy and like names. I think it's fine, whatever suits.

Before FOB and I split, he had chosen two middle names for our son. Now I'm only keeping one of them as both don't flow with the first name I've chosen.

I'll personally be using two middle names if we end up having a boy, but only one with a girl, but in the latters case only because we're using longer sounding names.

I didn't really like them but I did use two for my youngest, however they are both short. Her names is Riley Rae Ann, always refer to her as Riley Rae though x

I am a girl with 2 middle names and I HATE it. Lol I tell my parents all the time that they totally messed up on naming me. I think keep it short and simple for both genders! I am having the urge to try and fit a family name from each side plus a name we pick into our baby boys name (just to make everyone else happy, because everyone wants a namesake!), but I am not gonna do it! First, middle and last name is enough.
I honestly would have loved to have double barrelled my last name when I got married, but already having 3 names and one last name, there was no way I could add another last name into the mix. And to be honest, to this day it still bothers me that I gave up my last name for my Hubby's ...

Our youngest has two as both names are after two important people in OH family who are no longer with us x

It doesn't change you in any way as a person, and TBH I'd rather a child has two middle names than none at all, but I just don't see the point. I think one middle name is plenty. And forms leave very little space for long names, so you'd have difficulty finding the space to fit two middle names :D my husband doesn't have any middle names, but he has two first names and two surnames (his fathers first name, then HIS first name, then his fathers surname, then his mothers maiden surname - that's the traditional naming format of the country where he was born), and he has enough trouble fitting it all in when filling out forms

I vote yes - DH and I both have two middle names, and we double barrelled our last name, so we actually both have 5 names in total (and so will our LO). It's only an issue with paperwork on official things like passport/driving license, as with most paperwork you don't need to put middle names (at least I rarely do).
I think it's nice and makes your name even more unique. Plus you have lots of options for pen names, pseudonyms and nicknames which is nice too.

My kids have 2 middle names and this bubba will too, i couldnt give them 2 names and this 1 only 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->