Two positive OPKs in same month?

IsItMyTurn

Reaction score
Hi there! New to this forum and have just been TTC for the last month.

Got a positive OPK for 36 hours on Days 5/6 after AF. (so we BD on 5, 6, 7) and had bad cramps for days 7, 8, 9. Was planning to test after TWW. (I'm a little excited!!) :) But 5/6 days is REALLLLY early to OV!, huh?!?

Since I'm new to this all, I kept testing and now today (Day 10 after last AF) it's CLEARLY a positive OPK again.

Soooo do I need to be concerned or just DTD as soon as my hubby gets home today??

Thank you!! :)

Have u done a hpt?

Not yet since I thought it was too early! According to first positive OPK I just ovulated only about 5 days ago.

I just texted my hubby to come home quickly in case the last one was wrong and this one was right! Or maybe I got ready to OV but it didn't happy and is now trying again? We don't want to miss any windows of opportunity! :)

Does sound very early to get a positivecopk alrite ......but sum times opks go positive if preg :). Was ur af unusual or nethin? Shorter etc?

Everything was normal! I'm pretty much like clockwork on a 28 day schedule but this is the first month we tracked OV. I was really surprised to be OV so early...we both looked at it and were pretty shocked!! Today is much closer to the date I THOUGHT I would be OV sooooo just to be safe, I think we're doing to DTD as soon as he gets home in a few hours. :) But I'll still start POAS in another week...my hubby bought TWELVE boxes of them...he is SUPER excited! :)

Thank you for replying to me...I appreciate it. I was scared to post but have been reading the forums for the last month! :)

Whoa it actually looks more clear on here. From just looking at it without a photo, I didn't realize the line on the left wasn't as solid as the line on the right. Now I need to find out what that means! lol Yesterday I got an invalid so I don't have anything to compare it to! Hubby is coming home soon though...he's like okay so what could this mean?!? What do we do?!? I told him just to DTD just in case! Thankfully he's okay with that!!

Attachments

• ovtest.jpg
    ovtest.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 32
not exactly sure that is a positive.. that line is strange.. you have a different test to take?

I'd say thats a positive. Its not unusual to O twice in the one cycle...

Thank yall!! I tested last night too just to be safe and it was negative. Then surprise surprise this morning was positive again! Of course I got a little concerned so we just researched PCOS to see if that might be a possibility, but I have ZERO of the symptoms of that.

So let's just say I'm gonna be realllllly tired by the end of this month since we just keep DTD just in case! We're having fun and staying positive though!! :) Minus the fact that I BALLED my eyes out during a movie last night and then asked my hubby WHY he was making me watch it!! hahh I hope he's ready for a lot more of those moments when we do conceive! :)

Attachments

• ovtest2.jpg
    ovtest2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 18
I think we might need to go with a digital OPK...those are more accurate I've heard...hopefully since they are more expensive! :) Oh and I just read that you are NOT supposed to test in the morning with a OPK?? But mine said to do it then! Maybe all the morning tests are inaccurate then.

I think they say not to test first thing in the morning is because the hormone the OPKs test for LH builds up during the day - so its best to test at the same time (afternoon-ish) each day - and then when the tests start to look on their way to positive test twice a day until you get the + :thumbup:

Digital OPKs might be the way to go for you. Or are you tracking anything else? Temping / CM?

I'm going to start BBP because my CM is never an indication of anything. I've always been shocked that most women can see changes in theirs because mine is never really that different. I'm going to read up on BBP now! :)

Your first positive at 5/6 days past a period sounds right for a normal 28 day cycle. In a perfect world, you would ovulate on CD 14....so 5/6 days of a period + 5/6 days past period would mean you got your positive on CD 10 to 12. Meaning you ovulated sometime between CD 11 to 14. Sometimes our body gears up to ovulate but doesnt, resulting in a second surge and late ovulation...which is definitely a possibility. Another possibility is you are prego! My OPKs turned positive again at about 8 DPO, however yours was positive again at 5 DPO. I would keep testing, if your pregnant the OPK will remain positive, if not you are prob. just ovulating. I wouldnt worry about switching brands, there is no such thing as a false positive, if the LH was not there you would not get that line.

I totally agree with Daydreaming... i would deffo use a pregnancy test just to rule this out x

Thanks ladies!! I've kept using the OPK and get a positive EVERY day. Maybe my FMU is just really strong with the thing OPKs test for. I'm going with the first one being correct because I also had a positive OPK in the afternoon that time and since then I never have a positive in the afternoon ONLY with FMU!

HPTs are negative so far but have the Early HPT ready to go for Tuesday!! I can hardly wait until then!! But I don't *feel* any different!! Not that you can definitely tell THIS early but I'm just not convinced yet. :) My hubby and I are going away this weekend so at least I'll have some fun things to do to keep my mind occupied until Tuesday. :)

I understand, it can be frustrating. Im on my 5th day of positive OPKs but i think my cycles are screwy b/c of the miscarriage in July. Unless I ovulated 2 days after my period, cannot be pregnant. Wishing you the best! Keep us updated!

Hmmmmmmm im swaying more to pregnancy... simply because OPK's dont tend to work very well with FMU simply because your LH (which OPK's detect) builds up throughthe day thats why its always best to test around 2pm e.t.c...

If your FMU is giving out a very good Positive... I would certainly place a bet that your pregnant... simply because HPT's are best used with FMU (HCG is more concerntrated)...

Cant wait to see how this goes :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->