Two sacs?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
How common is it?
I went for an early pregnancy scan this afternoon and there were two sacs. The sonographer could only see one baby that measured 6 weeks 3 days and had a beautiful strong flickering heartbeat. She wants me to go back in two weeks as when she froze the screen on the two sacs she was unsure if she could see another baby, but said it may just be too early.
Has anyone had any experience with this and gone back to find that it's twins? Or is it more likely that when I go back the sac will be gone/still empty?
She didn't really explain much just said to come back in two weeks and she will be able to tell for sure either way.
I'm so nervous!!

Sorry I don't know an answer but didn't want to read and run! Good luck! Sounds pretty exciting!

I was 6w3d when they found a second sac. They said it could either be a sch or a twin, but given how my hcg was behaving they were leaning twin. However, it was so much smaller than the first one and with no visible fetal pole and bleeding they ruled it vanishing twin.

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks, and the tech thought she saw 2 sacs as well. I go back next week for another to see if we have 1 heartbeat or 2...

I also had two sacs visible and definitely one baby at my 8 week ultrasound. They said vanishing twin as well.

Thank you. It's sad how common 'vanishing twin' seems to be. I'm going to be so nervous though for these two weeks just in case. I've had no bleeding or pain, will the second sac likely just absorb with no bleeding or anything?

If it's a twin or sch they usually painlessly and effortlessly (unless you're me hahah but I'm weird) back into your body :). Most women don't even realize it ever happened, and like you said it is very common. I think like over 50% of pregnancies or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->