Two weeks late, three negative tests?

ConfuzedLady

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. My period is now two weeks late and I have had loads of symptoms. I just went to a clinic today and took a pee test there that also came out negative. But it wasn't the first pee of the morning. I have had a constant headache for a little over a week, which is very rare for me. I also have had light cramping, nausea, and heart burn almost all day for the past week. I get overheated really easily as well. Are these all symptoms that would show up this early? Should I go get a blood test or wait a week and see if I start? Thanks!

If you were pregnant, you would for sure get a positive at 2 weeks late. You could be psyching yourself out and causing your body to act wacky. You may have had an anovulatory cycle. Try to relax. Keep testing if it makes you feel better.

As far as the symptoms...I have never really had any, except sore breasts for a couple weeks. I think most ladies start to experience them around 6 weeks when HCG gets high enough to cause them.

Thanks! I thought the symptoms might be all psychological too. I have been experiencing a few other symptoms though. Would it be possible for my body to just not produce enough of the HCG hormone to know yet? I read online that some people dont get positive results until they're more far along. I'm going to make an appointment with my obgyn to see what it really is. I do feel funky.

Those all sound like pregnancy symptoms to me. Are you usually very regular? Or do your cycles vary a bit? That may influence things a bit.

Yes, I'm usually regular. I also just had blood work done just about a week after my last period because I had a bladder infection. And they checked me out and nothing else was wrong with me. So I'm not sure what else would be causing me to be late or all these symptoms?

Thanks! I thought the symptoms might be all psychological too. I have been experiencing a few other symptoms though. Would it be possible for my body to just not produce enough of the HCG hormone to know yet? I read online that some people dont get positive results until they're more far along. I'm going to make an appointment with my obgyn to see what it really is. I do feel funky.

I got a positive test 5 days before my missed period. If HCG levels are high enough to cause symptoms then they are definitely high enough to show on a test.

Also, two of the tests were not taken in the morning. I didn't realize I was supposed to bring my own morning pee to the clinic, I figured I'd get a blood test. But I didn't realize that if HCG was high enough for symptoms then it should show in a test.. I will wait a week and see what happens. I also didnt realize I was late until I was over a week late. So stressing about starting didn't prevent me from starting. And I few of the symptoms started before I realized I was late also. I also have experienced constipation, eating more frequently, and dizziness(which is also kind of rare for me.) So this is pretty confusing. :(

Those sound like pregnancy symptoms to me. While yes "normally" you would have enough to show by now but I have like 5 stories of friends that prove otherwise. My friend was 3 months pregnant and went to the clinic multiple times and got negatives. Went to the doctor got the blood work and an ultrasound and yup she was pregnant. Went back to the clinic didnt say anything and got another BFN. And she dropped the ultrasound on the desk.

Another friend was a month late before she got her BFP.

So yes normally youd see it by now but that is not always the way things work. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP

Those sound like pregnancy symptoms to me. While yes "normally" you would have enough to show by now but I have like 5 stories of friends that prove otherwise. My friend was 3 months pregnant and went to the clinic multiple times and got negatives. Went to the doctor got the blood work and an ultrasound and yup she was pregnant. Went back to the clinic didnt say anything and got another BFN. And she dropped the ultrasound on the desk.

Another friend was a month late before she got her BFP.

So yes normally youd see it by now but that is not always the way things work. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP

That is exactly what I read about! I just know that either I'm pregnant or there's something else going on. I just hope something isn't wrong with me! I'm going to test again in the morning with a different brand, and if that's negative I'll just wait until I'm three weeks late and go to the doctors. Not sure what to do. Thank you though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->