Two withdrawal bleeds after stopping pill?!

endlessblue

Reaction score
Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?

I finished the pack as normal and had a withdrawal bleed as usual, then took two pills of the next pack before deciding to stop the pill altogether due to migraines. 4 days later I had another withdrawal bleed that was half the length of a usual period with a few cramps. Is this normal? Like I said I only took two pills of the next pack so wasn't really expecting to bleed again!

i imgaine it would be depending on what pill you take, the one i was on fooled your body into thinking it was pregnant so you werent fertile so i imagine once the hormones stop irreguardless of how many tabs you took your body assumes its not pregnant and has a period. i wouldn't worry bout it too much as long as your next period is on time and normal hormones are a funny thing xxx

i imgaine it would be depending on what pill you take, the one i was on fooled your body into thinking it was pregnant so you werent fertile so i imagine once the hormones stop irreguardless of how many tabs you took your body assumes its not pregnant and has a period. i wouldn't worry bout it too much as long as your next period is on time and normal hormones are a funny thing xxx

Thanks for the reassurance :) xx

I had one of those cheapy internet dip-strip tests so did one this afternoon out of curiosity - to my surprise a veryyy faint pink line came up almost straight away! Must be an evap coz there's no way I could have ovulated and implanted that quickly!! lol x

mmm that would be odd though unless your pill gives you false positives i'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxxx lets hope the lines not so faint in a few days.

mmm that would be odd though unless your pill gives you false positives i'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxxx lets hope the lines not so faint in a few days.

It's a nice thought but these tests always get my hopes up so I won't be testing again unless my period is late next month! x

I had two horrendous periods after stopping the pill. One was at the end of the month and the next one on the 10 the night I got back from holiday. The doctor said it may have been a miscarriage as I was having to change my tampon every 20 mins, we'll never know! Don't worry its your body adjusting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->