TWW and feeling doubtful

teamSusan

Reaction score
Hi all! If you are in the tww and feeling pretty doubtful or have some encouraging words for those of us who are, feel free to join this thread.

My husband and I have been ttc for 4 years and this is the first month in a long time that scans and meds have actually gone really smoothly...so I thought maybe this is the month! I am around 10dpo and have zero symptoms aside from some muscular cramps in my abdomen, but that is it. I track my cycle very closely, so I'm pretty convinced that I will know when I'm finally pregnant and feel some sort of difference. Feeling pretty bummed out right now as I suspect this is yet another failed month.

It is really hard for people who are not going through this to understand this feeling, so I'm throwing my feelings out on this thread and hoping to find some solidarity.

Hey Susan.. Just my two cents but the tww is the time for hope. Actually, the whole cycle is a time for hope but I feel it most in the tww. AF brings the start of a new cycle with another chance. You don't hold onto the letdown of a previous cycle because each cycle stands on its own. Each and every cycle has hope. :)

Hi Weebles,

Your message is appreciated :) Although when you've been trying for as long as we have with no success, hope is something that does not come easily. It is certainly a good attitude to shoot for, but I think there is also a time for accepting your emotions and letting yourself feel how you feel. Finding a balance between staying hopeful and allowing yourself to release your feelings of disappointment is healthy. Thanks for your reply :)

I've been trying for 6 months which is much shorter but still long enough to feel some of the same feelings to a varying degree. I too feel the disappointment each month and have worries during the tww but I try to limit feelings of sadness to the first few days of AF. I know, easier said than done, but looking at each cycle as another oppertunity helps me as I truly believe that hope without attachment is a beneficial mindset. Believe, let go, believe again. It's the nature of our cycles and you are right, it is important to accept the disappointments and allow ourselves to feel but it is equally important not to stay there. I find the balance by allowing my mindset follow the patterns of my cycle. My tears are shed when my uterus sheds it's lining. I let go of the previous cycle at the same time. I know its hard. I worry too, that this month might be yet another unsuccessful month. I try to focus on wonder. Instead of worrying that I'm not, I change my thoughts to wondering if I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->