tww vitamin poll!

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone does. Mostly because I wonder if the dha/omega 3 supplement with the one a day prenatal is necessary during ttc.

Not sure if it is necessary but I started the prenatal with DHA about two weeks before I stopped taking the pill. I got the CVS brand gummies. They are delicious :

I was told by my doctor that it was important to build up the levels of vitamins (ones found in the prenatal vitamin) before TTC. I actually took almost 3 months worth of prenatals before starting TTC and then I have continued taking a daily prenatal vitamin. Perhaps you should ask your doctor what they recommend?

Thanks! The prenatal versus regular multi from the brand I use (one a day) is almost exactly the same. The only differences are that the regular has more vitamin a (which we need but has been shown to have negative affects to a fetus) and the prenatal has 200 more folic acid. And it comes with a dha supplement for fetal brain growth

I started a basic prenatal multi vitamin when we decided to start TTCing back in late October. I'm not a big breakfast fan, so I take it with an Ensure drink (meal replacement/supplement that has folate in it) and a small cereal bar just so my stomach doesn't protest the iron content and I'm getting the nutrients of a breakfast. I'll consider adding DHA/other things if it's recommended by my doc when I confirm pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->