Tyff's Diet Journal

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
So the time has come for me to stop being silly and start making a serious stab at my weight.

My history:

I was a skinny minnie before I had Claire. I was 5'5", and around 137lbs or so. I could always eat what I wanted, and never had to exercise... so I've never been conditioned to watch what I eat or make smart choices. I developed Gestational Diabetes, so I had to watch even more what I ate and drank. By the time I had Claire I was ready to go hog wild with food.

I went up to 187lbs while pregnant, and dropped 23lbs rather quickly. Breastfeeding didn't work out for me, so I stopped around 3 weeks. Once I stopped BF, the weight stopped coming off too. I was somewhat active in the summer, and definitely walked alot but I still refused to watch my eating habits.

Now that its winter I'm finding that the scale is tipping upwards instead of going down. I'm going to set my goal as 25lbs, just to get back to pre-preg weight. I'm tired of my clothes not fitting and my maternity pants are the only thing I can fit into these days.

I've taken a look at a few diets out there, and am going to follow the Zone Diet. Its similar to what I had to do while having Gestational Diabetes, low carbs, low glycemic index foods, lean proteins and veggies.

Breakfast Today:

Yogurt and Fruit

Ingredients
1 ounce lean Canadian bacon (substitute 3 turkey bacon strips or 2 soy sausage links)
½ cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt

I'm going to substitute the turkey bacon so I can have a bit more :blush: and see where we go from there!

Current Weight: 165lbs

good job hun! So proud of you! If you ever need anything let me know! I know how hard it is! :hugs: You will be great!

I'm actually impressed with how filling that breakfast was. It was hard to eat the plain yougurt, its pretty tart! The blueberries helped though! I didn't realize my almonds weren't roasted so I think if I roast them a bit it might help improve the flavour.

I actually felt like I had a very large breakfast! Which is good, I hate feeling like I want to eat more but can't.

i LOVE almonds, I have them every day. Walmart sells unsalted roasted almonds, if you are interested!

Day #2

Breakfast:

1/2 cup Egg Subsitute (I can't do plain egg whites :sick: ) scrambled with pepper
3 Strips Turkey Bacon
Mandarin Orange

I'm only really recording breakfast because its the one meal of the day that I am the worst for eating. Its hard to motivate myself to eat right when I first get up, and everything I've read says to eat within an hour of getting up. Easier said than done when you have a baby though!

I enjoyed today's breakfast. I wasn't sure about the lack of toast, but it was tasty. I also like having the turkey bacon because 3 strips seems generous to me and I feel like I'm not scrimping on anything.

I cheated a bit yesterday and had a bowl of popcorn though. With butter. And salt! :blush: But for the most part I did well. I'm proud of myself for not grazing/snacking in the evening either! I had some blueberries and a mandarin orange, when normally I'll snack on Premium Plus crackers or chips. I've really been craving savoury and salty these days... which is funny, before I got pregnant I wanted sugar sugar sugar. Last night I was able to drink my green tea without anything added to it either, which is a first for me.

I'm feeling positive and motivated. I haven't weighed myself because I'm afraid it'll be the same or worse and I'll get disheartened, so I'm waiting until Monday to do so. Fingers crossed!

good luck hun! looks like you know your faults and are commited to making better decisions. its hard tho!

I think it is also good to give into temptation when you want to, like the bowl of popcorn, because if you just go without....you will end up binging for days after!

:hugs:

Yeah! Good luck! I'm sure you will be back to skinny in no time! =)

The night eating is my weakness!!!! It really is. I find it soooo hard. Plus I LOVE salty food. You're doing well!!

Okay, not so well tonight. Rae I totally hear you!!!! I love night grazing! I had a few more spoonfuls of rice, then I had a couple (yes, couple!!!!) small glasses of wine and a cherry square (complete with pink frosting) to boot. :( :cry:

Tomorrow is supposed to be my "rest" day with EA Active, but I think I'll ride the exercise bike and do some crunches or something to make up for tonight.

I suck. :(

So yesterday went right down the tubes. :lol: I was tired from having next to no sleep and emotional so all I wanted to do was eat and veg out. Even though it was my rest day from EA Active so that didn't matter too much, but I sure didn't do much else! I didn't drink water, didn't eat right... in fact made a cobbler with had white processed flour, a half cup of real butter and a cup of sugar. Sure its got peaches and raspberries in it too... but yikes... the thing is like 600 calories a serving. I had about 4 yesterday. :blush:

What's worse is that I was hoping that P would take some to work with him today, thus negating my temptation but he doesn't want to share it so it is sitting on the counter.... calling me. Telling me that I want to eat its delicious fatness and to not care so much about my figure. :rofl: I keep telling myself I could have a slice... then work out on the bike later. However, I know myself and later on I won't want to work out, only eat more cobbler.

Dammit. I knew it was a bad idea making it!

I also got disheartened because I weighed myself today. I know I shouldn't expect results this early but I actually went UP two pounds. I keep reminding myself that weight can fluctuate 5lbs up or down daily... but still... that really sucked. You'd think it would be more motivation to keep at it, but all it makes me want to do is eat more cobbler. :cry:

So current weight: 167lbs.

I found today's workout really easy. It focused mainly on upper body stuff. I've done factory work for the past 10 years which is 8 hours of upper body workouts daily. Not to mention my daughter is something of a porkchop and has been 24lbs for the past 3 months. Definitely an upper body workout carrying her around, and I'm big on babywearing so she's in my arms quite a bit.

Le sigh. :( Well, one day at a time, right?

Aww Tiff you don't suck!! :hugs:
I know you can do it :) Good to hear you are enjoying your EA workouts - cause that makes it easier.

Have you still been having those fantastic breakfasts? They sound scrumptious! Mmmm, blueberries in the middle of winter!!!

Keep us updated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->