• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tylenol is useless!

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score
I have a good deal of pain in my right hip (may be developing arthritis like in my fingers). I sprained it about 11 years ago, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I can't walk without limping, can't sit down for too long, and every way I lay down hurts.

Being told it's safe to take Tylenol is like a joke. I might as well be taking sugar pills.

How do you ladies deal with pain when Tylenol doesn't work? Is there anything a doctor would be able to do for me?

Try a warm compress combined with the Tylenol. It'll help to relax the joint.

Aw...:hugs: I have an allergy to ibuprofen, so basically all I can take for pain is tylenol, pregnant or not. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and tylenol just does nothing for joint pains! A low (5 mg) dose of prednisone can be safe in pregnancy, but I have taken nothing. Heat can help, but honestly, your doctor will have to help you find something safe. I don't know if this is wear and tear arthritis or if it is RA, but it may be worth a blood test or two to find out and get proper treatment if it is infact RA.

I have horrible knees and I understand how Tylenol just doesn't cut it :hugs:

Thanks ladies! I'm going to talk to my doctor today. Couldn't sleep last night through the pain.

I'll let you all know what happens.

My worst fear is that they tell me I'll have to tough it out through pregnancy, because a hip pain is only going to get worse!

My OB's office says any of the Tylenol products are safe during pregnancy, as long as I follow the dosage guidelines. This includes Extra-Strength Tylenol and Tylenol Arthritis. She said if I was still having pain, that my regular doctor could prescribe something more effective, and that there were lots of more powerful pain medications that were safe during pregnancy under doctor supervision. :thumbup:

Glad to hear it! I hope the extra strength stuff does it for ya big it's good to know there are stronger alternatives! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->