Type 1 Diabetes and Pregnancy

kenzi26

Reaction score
Hello All!

It's been a while since I've posted here; I have a 12 year old and an 8 year old. Much to my surprise, I got a BFP on Saturday! My husband and I are shocked and excited. We had wanted to expand our family much sooner after my youngest was born, but I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer when she was 5 months old (way back in 2012). A year after that, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes (lucky me...I developed it as an adult). And a few years after that, I developed severe neuropathy and TTC was put on hold indefinitely.

Anyway, I am so anxious about this pregnancy. My latest A1C was not great, but I'm working with my endocrinologist to get it under control. I use an insulin pump and CGM. I guess I was wondering if there are any other type 1 mommies here? If so, is this your first pregnancy or do you have other children? How did your insulin needs change as your pregnancy progressed? How often did you see your OB throughout your pregnancy? This is all new to me, even though I already have 2 kids.

Cheers! And congratulations to everyone here!

Last edited:
Sorry no advice with regards to being diabetic but wow what a lovely surprise after all you have been through !

I wish you the best of luck ! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->