U/S - less or more?

Baby4meplz

Reaction score
So, I was told by a doula that you should limit the number of ultrasounds throughout pregnancy. She said that the reason the a baby moves around so much during them is because they don't like the high pitch sound or the heat and it can be harmful to the baby. Can anyone confirm or deny?

The ultrasonograper who performed my u/s during pregnancy said that neither adults nor the foetus could hear the ultrasound waves because they vibrate at too high a frequency for our ears to detect them. As for the heat , the probe is not on belly for long, and heat would have to find its way through several tissue layers. BUT if you are worried ask the sonographer as they would know more about risks than a doula i would of thought:hi:

They can't hear it. I had 4 u/s in my first tri. 2 of which were 2 days apart.

when i was preg last year with angharad there was a poster up in the waiting room in our hospital stating that there something about u/s and that there was no research that u/s causes any problems to the baby

I had countless amounts of scans and my lil boy is perfectly healthy.

Ive had plenty of scans and everything seems to be going fine

I think that the reason babies move around a lot when we are being scanned it because...babies move around a lot! At my 12 week my baby was having some quiet time and the sonographer couldn't get the measurements she needed so got me to wiggle my hips (as if I was doing the twist while lying down) and the baby woke up and started moving around loads. So surely, if it was the sound or heat it makes/generates then the baby would have been really active without me waking it up! I don't think it would really be able to hear it logically though, a babys hearing would never be anything like a dogs (who probably could hear it!) Some people have loads of scans, and usually they are the ones who the medics are worried about. I wouldn't worry!

I have had an u/s everytime I have gone to the doctor since 7 weeks. I am now 17 weeks pregnant with twins and everytime I go they want to do an u/s. I am having to go to a high risk pregnancy doctor and thats all they do is an u/s. My babies seem to be doing just fine.

dont worry hun there is NO research found to link any harmful effects to an unborn baby and people shouldnt be telling u things like that, a doula is not there for medical advise and shouldnt be telling u these things she is there for support, if u look on the web u wont find one page that tells you U/S are unsafe. dont stress hun iv had loas of scans 2D and 4D

So, I was told by a doula that you should limit the number of ultrasounds throughout pregnancy. She said that the reason the a baby moves around so much during them is because they don't like the high pitch sound or the heat and it can be harmful to the baby. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Well Alfie slept thru all of his scans and I had 6 in total, I was told to have something with a high sugar content for my next scan in the hope we would see him moving!

But there is a recommended limit, as with everything I spose! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->