Ugh baby shower today.

Estesbaby

Reaction score
Today is my cousins baby shower. Putting on my big girl panties and dealing with it, trying to be happy for her. Took her a month to get pregnant, must be nice to get pregnant the first time you try... Hoping for no rude/uneducated comments.

Sorry I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today. Getting me a nice adult beverage at lunch before the shower so maybe I can cope a little better haha

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

It's an awful position to be in, especially since some people seem to get pregnant by just thinking about it.

My sister has 4 kids and has always made it clear that they only had to try once or twice for each one, but she is now separated from her mentally and physically abusive husband and about to be a single mom of 4 kids.

So in a way, I prefer my life story - i.e. a long time to conceive DD and then 2 losses before this pregnancy.

I'm not sure my post will cheer you up more, but there is always more than meets the eye.

:hug:

That is very true! I know that what happens in my life is what is meant to happen and there is reason why I haven't concieved yet.

Thanks for your response, that's a good way to think about it!

I hope you're feeling better soon.
I can empathise with you, although it only took me a month of trying to conceive my daughter too.
IT must be hard when you've been trying for a lot longer.
:hugs:

xxx

I hope you get through it without someone beind rude or insensitive!

I never understood how hard this is until now! It's our first (and only for this year) month of trying and I'm already driving myself bonkers! I can't imagine how it will be when you have been trying for longer but I'm afraid I will find out..

:( rough darling I've recently been through shower and birth of my sis in laws baby had a girl too. It's a v tricky situ xx

I totally agree with buzzy. When you conceive it will be totally worth it and your child will know they are wanted 100%!

Sending positive vibes to get you through the day :)

I am thanking you because I was thinking the same thing this morning! I have to go to my sister-in-law's baby shower today and while I am super happy for her (they tried to get pregnant for more than a year) I am dreading the "when are you going to get pregnant questions!" Unfortunately there is no alcohol at this baby shower!

Good luck today! I'll be thinking of you as well. I managed to make it through all right... Cried like a baby to my mom as soon as we got the car to come home though.

You can do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"