Ugh First Cold Help Please?

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
Leo has caught a cold and me too but he just seems to cry when he isnt asleep. Is this normal? Its like he's 2 weeks old again! Ive taken his temperature but its fine and he has had some Calpol. He seems really bunged up so Ive put some Snufflebabe on him and on a muslin in his cot. Our routine is totally out of the window too will I be able to get it back when he is better? Any other advice really appreciated! And also do I need to take him to doctors or just sit it out?! thanks.

I'm going through the same thing right now :hugs: the doctors here tell us to wait it out as there is nothing they can really do for the common cold.

My baby has had the same. I did take him to the docs as I was worried it had gone onto his chest - it hadn't! They just gave him to nose drops to help clear his nose, they were exactly the same as the ones I had bought in boots, he also said to put some Vicks in hot water to help his breathing, and to keep the air moist (e.g. boil a kettle in his room as he is going to bed)
Our routine is totally scuppered!!! He was sleeping through, and now we are up a few times during the night, just hoping it gets back to 'normal' when his snuffles go!

Thanks! Not just me in for a rough night then! Think I might bring him in with me tonight though he seems to sleep better then. I must have got up 20 times last night! Will defo try the water thing and I might put something under his cot to raise it up a bit.

Lola just got over her cold.

Saline drops, nose pump and elevating her head at night really helped. Also I often steamed her in the bathroom to clear her nasal pasages.

:hugs:

Saline drops, nose pump and elevating her head at night really helped. Also I often steamed her in the bathroom to clear her nasal pasages.

I did this too... Def helped!

exactly what i was going to say. if you're at all concerned honey i would just him check over by your gp. with regards to routine, don't worry whilst his poorly, just stick to it rigidly when he's better and he should go back to normal no probs, this is just what we did with maddi :)

hope he feels better soon :hugs:
x

You can get vicks/trimenic fans as well that you just plug in, supposed to help a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->