ugh hubby is impossible. ..so annoyed baby names

rubysoho120

Soon to be mama of 2
Reaction score
Ugh so we have a boy name from last time and I love it. We can't pick a girls name. Im sad because at early scan they guessed girl which crushed me. So im trying to bond by having a name. To help me heal and accept. I picked out tons of names and narrowed it down to 3 I really love and he hates 2 of the 3. The two I really love :( He is so annoying. It's not like he shouldn't get a say but I feel like Im doing all the work before during and after I should have final say. Im in tears.

OH and I have a great arrangement. He gets to name the pets and I name the kids. That being said he is a video game developer and will probably name them after characters in his game, or some of his avatars, which I don't trust him. You still have bags of time, to decide so maybe give her a nickname right now.

What names have you got picked? My DH is picky with names too.
We've managed to pick a perfect girls name but no boys names as yet and I know it's going to be a shit fight picking one if bub is a boy because we couldn't agree on any with last bub. At the end I wanted Elijah, he didn't like it so we settled for just Eli :)
That was the one and only name we agreed on, he wanted to call him Ryder ( I really hate that name no offence to anyone who does like it though ) and if we have another boy he wants to call him Lj ( short for Luke John which is hubbies name! ) and DS2 middle name already is John. My hubby is a weirdo god love him lol
So I feel your pain.

For us it's the boys names we cannot agree on. With ds1 and ds2 we had no problems but this time round we are both unable to agree on a name we both like.
The girls name has been the same for the last 5 years, since I was pregnant with ds1.

I called my LO DiYi which is chinese for N° 1 during my pregnancy. For this time round, I named them Di Er which means N°2. That way I had loads of time to find a great name with no pressure. I didn't really think about names before 3rd Trim.

I called my LO DiYi which is chinese for N° 1 during my pregnancy. For this time round, I named them Di Er which means N°2. That way I had loads of time to find a great name with no pressure. I didn't really think about names before 3rd Trim.

I love your temporary nicknames! DH & I end up having both a Western name and a Chinese name for our LOs (as DH is 1/2 Chinese), so we wouldn't be able to get away with that. :haha:

We've agreed on a girl's name a long time ago, but if I'm pregnant with another boy, we'll be in a different boat. I've had dreams of boys' names, but at the moment, DH and I are at a state of indecision. We won't worry about names though until our 20w appointment, provided gender is obvious either way.

OH and I have a great arrangement. He gets to name the pets and I name the kids. That being said he is a video game developer and will probably name them after characters in his game, or some of his avatars, which I don't trust him. You still have bags of time, to decide so maybe give her a nickname right now.

I LOVE this, the one who gives birth gets to name.

I know we have a lot.of time but in order to help with gender disappointment I need a name. It can help with the healing.

Maci James
Scarlet Rain
Harleigh Quinn

hubby hates Harleigh and James. I don't like Rain all that much. Loved Harleigh and Maci.

We have girls names picked, the boys names are harder cause my hubbys family has a tradition of naming the first born boy with the first name starting with M and middle name starting with L. I haven't found any boys names I like with M, and to add to it, hubby wants to name him after his father who passed when he was 8. His name was Merle...I really really do not like the name, but at the same time...I don't want to be the jerk who doesn't want to honor his father. I think I have found a way to make us both happy but I will need to find a name with the letter L I just love :)

Who knew naming could be so stressful LOL!

I know we have a lot.of time but in order to help with gender disappointment I need a name. It can help with the healing.

Maci James
Scarlet Rain
Harleigh Quinn

hubby hates Harleigh and James. I don't like Rain all that much. Loved Harleigh and Maci.

I love the first two names but not the third- reminds me too much of the batman villain Harley Quinn. Did you mean for it to sound like the word harlequin?

I quite like the name Maci Quinn- perhaps you could mix the names up to find one you both like?

Not even thought about names and probably won't for a while. We really struggled with boys names last time and ds remained nameless for about 10 days...!

We've got our girls name picked already, but we just can't agree on anything for a boy. OH loves the name Scout, the only thing is, he previously called his pet ferret that and even though I really like the name, I cringe every time I think of the connection. :/

Sorry that your hubby doesn't like the names! Has he had any suggestions or is he just shooting down yours?

We made an agreement when we got married that if I took his last name I got to name the kids! I said he gets veto if he really hates it though. We picked out a boy name and a girl name for my last pregnancy before I miscarried, and so far they are still the ones in the running.
For a girl: Ava Helene
For a boy: Roman Chase
Helene is my mom's middle name and Chase is my middle name.

Mummy2o: My hubby used to be in the game industry, also! Unfortunately the two companies here in Houston both shut down, he worked at both! So unless we move he doesn't have many options to get back into the industry. Where does your hubby work?

We agreed that since I have no choice about my kids last names (being his of course) then I choose the middle names. We both agree on a first name but really I always end up with the final say after he watches me go through childbirth! lol

We've found a name we both love that has a male and female variant so that was easy :D We did have an agreement that I'd pick girl name and he'd pick boy name.

I'm also not a fan of Harleigh Quinn because it would be similar to harlequin. I do like Scarlet and Maci though! You could combine the names you do like, like Scarlet Quinn, Maci Quinn, Maci Scarlet, etc and see if he likes any of those.

I thought of batman when I saw harleigh Quinn too!

We just hash it out until we find one we like in our house!

Ugh so annoying. I give up on Harleigh because he hates it..so currently trying to find a middle name for Maci. He suggested lots of stupid names. He read them off a website.

and I have no idea who harleiquin is lol

My hubby and I don't speak of baby names or it turns into me and him calling each other names. haha

He was really good about talking baby names with me BEFORE I got pregnant. Now that I am pregnant he never wants to talk about baby names. Everything I bring up now he replies with "eh" doesn't matter if he actually likes it or not.

Ugh so annoying. I give up on Harleigh because he hates it..so currently trying to find a middle name for Maci. He suggested lots of stupid names. He read them off a website.

and I have no idea who harleiquin is lol

A harlequin is a type of clown that wears diamond patterned clothes. Harley Quinn is the jokers girlfriend in the batman comics (I'm sorry I'm a geek).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->