ugh hubby is impossible. ..so annoyed baby names

I'm so sorry! I don't have any words of advice or wisdom - my now ex OH didn't like most of the names I came up with and then a friend was like, "Well he doesn't want to be involved anyway and you'll be bringing this baby up, so name her want you want!" So eventually when my OH and I were actually in the middle of our quite calm break-up, I just stated what I was going to name her and he suddenly went, "I like that!" LOL! What the hell. So anyway, I got the name I wanted, one of them anyway, and all I can say is maybe give him some time to sit with the name. My ex-OH didn't like the name at first and then I just told it to him later and he suddenly liked it. Maybe if your OH sits with the name for a while and you just ask him to consider it, or tell you why he doesn't like the name. For instance maybe he had a girlfriend in junior high who was awful who had that name or knew a woman named that and it ruined the name for him. I loved a name that I won't say in case any of you ladies has it lol, but then I remembered a girl I really dislike had that name and it made me think of her even though I tried not to whenever I'd think of it. Maybe he doesn't have a reason and he was just being contrary to be contrary! Who knows, but probably more discussion will lead to a solution, and just tell him you really want to know his opinion and let him tell you what his real issues are. Maybe he'll realize he doesn't have any :) That's the best I got. I hope it helps!

When i had lo we both made lists of the names we liked then swapped lists, we then cut down the other persons lists to our top 5 we then put lists together and then we cut down to top choices and then waited till she was born to fully decide. Both my los first and middle names we adore and suits her completly. My husband came up with some lovely choices.

Just to add harleigh quinn is also a publisher of romance novels though spelt differently. Is there one of the first names you like that you can then discuss an alternative middle name

Ugh so annoying. I give up on Harleigh because he hates it..so currently trying to find a middle name for Maci. He suggested lots of stupid names. He read them off a website.

and I have no idea who harleiquin is lol

I assumed Harleigh Quinn was intentional, lol. I love it, but Kevin Smith's daughter is Harley Quinn, as well.

Scarlett and Maci are beautiful

I think you could try to tpswitch up some of the names though.

Personally I like Scarlett Melissa
Maci Elizabeth

As middle names

I feel your pain. For years I have had this image in my head of having a little boy and naming him Jude - OH simply refused.
He is such a difficult person! He loved the name Carter, which I absolutely hate.
Things become so tricky when you are forced to involve someone else!
Xxx

I dont understand why your disappointed?

Harliegh Quinn - is just silly as many have pointed out, just way to many connections

Scarlett Rain - this is cute

Maci James - James as a girls name is definitely unique but not my taste (although Ive also picked a masculine male name for my daughter so who am I to talk)

you seem to like boyish names, what about:

Jamie (a little more unisex than james)
Billie
Stevie (seems odd but I know a girl called Stevie-Lee)
Lee/Leigh
Bailey
Finley
Avery (think this goes lovely with youu DD name)
Andie
Indiana (also nice with you DD name)
Payton
Traci
Kelly
Kim
Mel
Izzy

We have agreed on Maci but not a middle name. So annoying. I'm just worried I don't love it. I had my dds name picked before ever getting pregnant so I knew I loved it. But I'm so blah about the whole thing.

I love Harleigh Quinn :thumbup: (but i'm a huge fan of Kevin Smith and he did name his daughter this as a reference to the comic book character).

I think it's awesome that at just 12 weeks you have both agreed on a name!! You should be ecstatic!! Having to pick a name *with* someone else is so challenging!!!!!!!!!

I think Maci Rain goes perfectly with Rory Skye!

I know we have a lot.of time but in order to help with gender disappointment I need a name. It can help with the healing.

Maci James
Scarlet Rain
Harleigh Quinn

hubby hates Harleigh and James. I don't like Rain all that much. Loved Harleigh and Maci.

I love the first two names but not the third- reminds me too much of the batman villain Harley Quinn. Did you mean for it to sound like the word harlequin?

I quite like the name Maci Quinn- perhaps you could mix the names up to find one you both like?

Scarlet is lovely :)

Harlequin is really not good, sorry Hun I agree with your oh. I like the first name but it's almost comical/mean to pair it with that middle

Urge TELL ME ABOUT IT!! We're struggling as it is to find girls name, OH can't think of any and I've come up with 2 I love. Both he said maybe and now I've really set my heart on one of them.. He's just told me a definite NO. I'm sooooo annoyed!!!!! We're not married but I want and think baby should have his surname. However I also feel that if she gets his surname by default then I should get to choose her first name (obviously I want him to like it too). I have a stepson and stepdaughter already and his ex named the girl and he named the boy. It's my first child and I feel it's now MY turn to name ours. It's really getting me down that the only 2 names I've even remotely liked and have now come to love, he hates!!!!!!

Urge TELL ME ABOUT IT!! We're struggling as it is to find girls name, OH can't think of any and I've come up with 2 I love. Both he said maybe and now I've really set my heart on one of them.. He's just told me a definite NO. I'm sooooo annoyed!!!!! We're not married but I want and think baby should have his surname. However I also feel that if she gets his surname by default then I should get to choose her first name (obviously I want him to like it too). I have a stepson and stepdaughter already and his ex named the girl and he named the boy. It's my first child and I feel it's now MY turn to name ours. It's really getting me down that the only 2 names I've even remotely liked and have now come to love, he hates!!!!!!

Ugh I feel you. I'm just not loving the names and the ones I do like he hates. So frustrating. It's such a heavy task.

I've decided unless there are other names he can suggest, that when it comes to it he will have to choose one of my names otherwise she will be nameless forever. He best get his thinking cap on or at least be willing to change his mind ha ha!! Either that or we will change her surname to mine ;) He has 11 weeks left!

I have thrown out the names and trying to find more. Im just not connected to any of the girl names. :(

Love all apart from the Harleigh Quinn combo, it sounds a bit artificial or a joke for Harlequin. You give birth at the end of the day... I do think the woman should get the final say. Plus just use whatever you can with your husband! Really lay it on, show him you are upset etc. I'm pretty sure he'll cave in the end..women care about these things more than men! I hope it all works out for you, I have one son but knew if the scan had been 'girl' I would be doing the same as you to help me bond and get used to the idea a bit more.

Ugh so we have a boy name from last time and I love it. We can't pick a girls name. Im sad because at early scan they guessed girl which crushed me. So im trying to bond by having a name. To help me heal and accept. I picked out tons of names and narrowed it down to 3 I really love and he hates 2 of the 3. The two I really love :( He is so annoying. It's not like he shouldn't get a say but I feel like Im doing all the work before during and after I should have final say. Im in tears.

Your story sounds exactly like mine....My DH will not agree on a girl name yet we have a boy name and I'm 90 percent sure its a girl...I want to bond with a name too

:hugs:

I'm going in on the 22nd to find out what we are having early. 16 weeks. I'm so anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->